Samsung Series 7 Lovers - Here's The NP700Z5C Ivy Bridge!

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by yknyong1, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    It's an unfair world: My Z3A came with a VGA dongle. I tested it on my 1920x1200 LCD, and it works. But I only ever use HDMI -- and I DO use that all the time, both to my LCD monitor, to my HDTV, and to projectors at meetings. Picture quality is much better with HDMI -- assuming it's also HDMI or DVI on the monitor or projector.

And then, seemingly, all those owners who NEED to use VGA didn't get a dongle with their Sammy.

Matt's recommendation to use HDMI-VGA adapters is a good alternative.

2. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Wow, maybe we should trade places! Seems like I live in a world of VGA projectors. :( I keep complaining at work that we should convert to HDMI, and they just look at me like, "...HD...M...???.. what was that last letter?..." :(

-Matt

3. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I know, I used to give lots and LOTS of presentations, both in-house and at customers, and it was always VGA. But even many semi-old projectors have DVI, even if they don't have HDMI. Same with my HP 23" 1920x1200 LCD (from 2005): It's got DVI, but no HDMI. Just use an HDMI-DVI cable are you're good.

4. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The Series 9 has the same micro-VGA port and there's discussion of adapters here and here.

I would also love to know if the Chromebook adapter is, in fact, compatible although a different part number.

John

5. gadgetrants

Reputations:
  6. neographic

neographic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys, I'm posting the question also in here...

I have a Samsung NP700Z7C-S01DE (Germany), unfortunately with the latest BIOS Version P06AAE. Now I have high CPU idle usage and low battery life as well as frame drops when gaming. Now I want to downgrade to verison PA05AAE.

Can somebody please tell me the exact name (ITEM_?????_???_WIN_P05AAE.exe) of the BIOS version PA05AAE?
    Since my BIOS is in English, owners of the NP700Z7C-S0?US can also post their version.

Many thanks
    Dominik

7. neographic

Reputations:
    Done, thanks to the uploaded BIOS-List! Great forum!

8. dp3000

dp3000 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Is it worth upgrading to the P05AAG Bios? I'm still using P02 or P01 because I have two hard drives in my laptop which made me have high idle CPU usage with newer BIOS. I own the 14" version (NP700z3C)

9. gadgetrants

Reputations:
    I'm on P05ABJ (15") and have no problems. We saw recently that the high idle CPU usage was caused for some by the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) application. You might want to check and reinstall.

-Matt

10. neographic

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

I did some more testing. I downgraded my BIOS to P05AAE and did a clean install of WIN7 64Bit on my NP700Z7C-S01DE. I noticed that even without any drivers installed (at the first startup after the install), the CPU thread usage (one or two cores depending of which power option is selected) is constantly high for a couple of minutes (5 Minutes), then goes down to almost zero. I will live with that because there are no slowdowns during startup (the all over usage is only 15-20%).

What drives my crazy: after installing all drivers, I noticed, that there are massive slowdown in games every 10 seconds like there is a process in the background interrupting the game. On my recent installation with the exact same software and driver setup (even with the same BIOS), I had no problems when gaming... I will now switch to Windows 8 and see what happens then... (I get Win8 for free at my university, so I'll give it a try)

Windows really saves jobs...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.