Samsung Series 7 Lovers - Here's The NP700Z5C Ivy Bridge!

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by yknyong1, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrBillBushing

DrBillBushing Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Microsoft Windows 8 compatibility web site says Adobe Photoshop 6.0 and Adobe Premiere 6.0 are compatible with Win 8. Nonsense. Neither one will install from my original CDs.

I'm going to try to set up a dual boot configuration with Windows 8 and XP so I can run this software on the Samsung.

2. yjgfikl

yjgfikl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    When I was using the Windows 8 Release Preview the Metro version of IE disappeared when I installed Chrome and set it as my default browser. I'm not sure why W8 is programmed like that, but if you've installed a 3rd party browser I'm betting that's why it's missing.

3. fullyZ

fullyZ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So finally i got my NP700Z5C-S03IT with a 640M... now i got some Side by Side 3d films and i would like to see them on my 3d television through hdmi...is it possible? if yes should i use cyberlink or what?

is there a way tempor disable HD4000?
    I noticed that i cant install official nvidia drivers from the site :/ is it normal?

4. cEvin_K

cEvin_K Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    hi... as far i know there is no option in bios to disable intel GPU... regarding nVidia driver you must install intel gpu driver first and the nVidia as 2nd driver....

5. fullyZ

fullyZ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I did and i have both installed.. i just dont know if it's all ok.. if i start "stereoscopic player" with a SBS 3d left-to-right it doesnt seem to work properly.. is there a way to check if my conf for 3d is ok?

6. F34R

F34R Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does this thing have an SSD? It has an option that is turned on; I have the S02.
    I wanna get rid of Windows 8. Period. I have no use for it whatsoever. Can I just wipe this thing and install Windows 7 without any issues?

7. Colpolite

Colpolite Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Is this a GDDR5 640m or ddr3?

Does it have throttling issues or is it running perfectly smoothly at safe temps when gaming?

How are the fans when just idle and web browsing?

8. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Technically it's 8GB soldered to the mobo, rather than a conventional discrete SSD. HWiNFO64 reports it as a SanDisk SSD i100 (SATA 6Gb/s). Samsung's intention is to provide it as a cache for accelerating boot and program load times. If you're comfortable with wiping and installing Win 7, the only challenge I would note is whether you want to stay with EUFI or switch back to legacy BIOS. In the latter case, it should be a simple job, the former, not so much. FWIW I'm running 7 on the S02UB and pretty happy with it.

This particular 640m is GDDR5 -- I had the same card when I briefly owned the S01US, so I'd assume they're all the same. Tempwise, I'm seeing ~70C during gaming with no sign of throttling, though the CPU may run as hot as ~80C. At that point the fans are blowing pretty hard (toward the back/screen), but the keyboard area stays fairly cool (at least for me).

The fans and HDD are both totally silent during idle and light use. You also have the option of using "Silent Mode" which will drop CPU speed over fan use as a cooling priority.

-Matt

9. Colpolite

Colpolite Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Ty for quick reply. Can you also tell me what kind of wireless card that comes on NP700Z5C and the new bestbuy model? Is it the intel card?

Can you also do me one favor when you got time and also other owners. Can you guy find out if there is keyboard ghosting on the NP700Z5C keyboards. If you don't have any idea what keyboard ghosting is, click the link below and it has the info you need and you can also test your keyboard out. It's basically pressing 3 keys simultaneously and if one of the 3 keys that are pressed at the same time does not work or register then it has ghosting issue. I'm mainly interested in Q+W+SpaceBar or W+E+SpaceBar or Q+W+D or W+D+SpaceBar. On the link below you can test out the keyboard and all 3 keys should light up green.

Microsoft Applied Sciences Group

10. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm pretty sure the Intel 6235 is standard for all the Z5C models. I had lackluster throughput at home on it, but an hour of tuning the router (esp. avoiding neighbors' channels, BTW WiFi Analyzer on Android is super tool) fixed that.

All four of your key-combos worked fine. :)

-Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.