Samsung Series 7 Lovers - Here's The NP700Z5C Ivy Bridge!

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by yknyong1, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kreidel

kreidel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What could I be doing wrong? Did I get a faulty unit? I bought it less than 24 hours ago.

60+ framerates?

2. HoonMasta

HoonMasta Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Make sure your laptop isn't set to silent mode. Silent mode decreases the speed of the fans while underclocking the CPU and GPU. To access these settings, press Fn+F1 and turn off SIlent Mode. If that is not the case, then I am not sure as it should be able to run most games at a very good FPS.

3. yjgfikl

yjgfikl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah I can run complex games like Battlefield Bad Company 2 at 60 fps on medium and portal 1/2 and TF2 fully maxed with 8x MSAA so you may be having issues with your laptop Kreidel. As Hoonmasta suggested, make sure you aren't using silent mode as it also caps your framerate at 30fps.

I'm unaware of the screen bleeding issue, my backlighting is even throughout the panel and none of the edges show any light gaps.

After running GPU-z or Afterburner to monitor what's going on. One more possibility is to go into Nvidia Control Panel and make sure its global setting is at "auto select graphics processor," as it may be using the integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics.

The best settings for your wifi are found by going to Device manager > Network Adapters > Intel Centrino Advanced 6235 > Properties > Advanced tab. From there, set 802.11n Channel width for 5.2 to Auto, Wireless Mode to 802.11b/g, Roaming Aggressiveness to Highest, and Transmit Power to Highest. That may help with your speed issues. However, this is a general problem with ALL Intel 6235 cards, not particularly this laptop.

4. fullyZ

fullyZ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    can you guys confirm that NP700Z5C S03 has sata3 connection even though he comes with sata2 ?

5. bkes216

bkes216 Newbie

Reputations:
    I had the S01 and exchanged for the S02 (bought the S01 on 9/30, bought S02 on 10/26) because it was the same price for better specs. But for a savings of $300 I would say keep the S01. I havent noticed much of a difference in performance between the two. I would only exchange it if you have a need for a better video card, otherwise that's a heck of a system for $670. It was already the best deal in the store at $999, $680 is fantastic.

6. johnnywayne28

johnnywayne28 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the S01 and have windows 8 on it plus the trial office 2013 and it has ran everything I have thrown at it except bio shock 2 but I will fix that when I get time. And at that price you would be crazy to take it back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

7. yjgfikl

yjgfikl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The HDD SATA port is SATA III regardless of the fact that the hard drive is SATA II. No current hard drive can saturate a SATA II connection. Only a solid state can take advantage of SATA III. The SATA port in the ODD is SATA II.

8. Lpeezy

Lpeezy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I just got the NP700Z5C-S02UB from Best Buy. The first one I got had a dead pixel so I went to exchange it but now the second one I have has a trackpad issue. I'm not sure if it's a hardware issue or software. Basically randomly the trackpad will get really bad and become almost unusable. The cursor speed decreases to a crawl (it hardly moves even if I move my finger across the trackpad quickly) and the click pad hardly works (I have to press down several times for it to even register). One-finger tapping doesn't work at all. Shutting down would fix the problem but not all the time and it comes back every 10 minutes or so. This happened on the original HDD with Windows 8 but I then replaced it with an SSD and put Windows 7 on it. I thought the problem had gone away but then I installed the P04ABJ bios and it came back. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it because with Windows 8 it was still on P03ABJ. Do you guys think I should exchange it again? I've tried installing the latest ELAN drivers but it doesn't help at all. Any help would be appreciated, I only have a few days left to exchange it.

EDIT: Alright so I've been using the laptop for a little over 30 minutes and the trackpad is fine. I'm guessing when the laptop idles for too long and I try to use it again something goes wrong and the trackpad goes to hell. Not sure what could be causing it.

9. newcastlefc200

newcastlefc200 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Has anyone that installed windows 8 having wifi issues when waking the laptop from sleep? it will not connect to the wifi, and act like there isnt even a wifi card installed, a reboot fixes this, (sometimes the card has disabled itself, and has to be re-enabled) but sometimes it will hang on restart and then I have to force shut down by pressing and holding the power button. its only a minor issue but I would like to fix it!

10. mattatattat

mattatattat Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everybody,

I just purchased the UK variant of the NP700Z5C and unforunately I think mine has a defective screen.

I have attached an image, this vertical grey line appears on the far right of my screen, I thought updating drivers/ bios might sort it out but it even appears when the laptop is booting.

I'm hoping someone will tell me of an easy fix so I don't have to send it back :(

photo.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.