Samsung Series 7 Gamer NP700G7C with AMD Radeon HD 7970M/Geforce GTX 675M

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by yknyong1, Mar 30, 2012.

1. anexanhume

anexanhume Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    400 nit is a really good spec for a laptop display. This laptop is a heck of a first effort from them.

2. NGH

NGH Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sounds hot may get this over Clevo rebrand

3. mcmikel

mcmikel Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I never considered or even thought about Samsung for a gaming laptop until I saw this unit. I was on the fence about to buy a MSI GT70 and when I finally saw this in person, I fell in love with it. I not only use my laptop for gaming but also for business. I needed a laptop that does not look like a kid owns it (sorry alienware owners) but has the power to game in my spare time. Samsung Series 7 gamer won me over. I also really like the performance mode dial so I can easily over clock the unit on the fly or turn of the GPU and use the Ivy Bridge graphics processor to save battery for those times I travel. I can’t wait to do some battery life tests next week when I get my unit.

I wish it had the HD7970M but I cannot wait any longer so I pulled the trigger on one that has the GTX675M and the 3820QM as mentioned in my previous post.

Also the Samsung was cheaper than the MSI with similar specs.

4. steven200796

steven200796 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    It's being released with the 7970m isn't it? and does anyone know when its release date is in Canada or US? Or if a 3d version will exist in said countries?

5. Drownigshrimp

Drownigshrimp Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This seems like a very nice laptop. The 7970m version will be 3D and the GTX 675m will be 2D from my knowledge. I cant wait for this laptop, but there is little information on this laptop. Does anyone here know and release date or pricing for it?

6. usagi4141

usagi4141 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I can't wait for it to be released, it's my dream laptop. The one with ivy bridge and 7970m gpu. It suppose to have the 3D option to. should be released in a few weeks that's what samsung in the US said by phone. :)

7. Eclipse251

Eclipse251 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Excellent news. I want to see this new laptop.

8. shmohawk

shmohawk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  9. Moussa93

Moussa93 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm very happy...
    I was searching for a gaming laptop that I'd be able to use in a professional place (something that doesn't look like Alienware or MSI GT) and looks like I found it!

Gg Samsung

10. HenrikBalsnes

HenrikBalsnes Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Now if they would just give a release date for this beast in Sweden I'd be happy. Specifically the 7970 version. It has shown up on prisjakt.nu (like Pricerunner) as upcoming but without any GPU mentioned.