Samsung Series 7 Chronos NP700Z5A: Trackpad Discussion Only

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by yknyong1, Dec 6, 2011.

1. yknyong1

yknyong1 Radiance with Radeon

Reputations:
    Post your optimised driver settings and general feelings here...

2. Pacifica1

Pacifica1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Turn off drag and drop! That was the most annoying thing. Also set the sensitivity to max and the two-finger scroll sensitivity also. Also I enabled double tap on the touch pad to be right click, it makes navigating a lot simpler.

3. webbeing

webbeing Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is there a way to make the left half of the pad inactive? My left palm causes the cursor to move "randomly". I've tried to adjust the palm tracking, sensitivity, etc to no avail. Many thanks.

4. Pacifica1

Pacifica1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You can turn the touchpad off completely with fn+F5.

5. zeth006

zeth006 Average Joe

Reputations:
  6. yknyong1

Reputations:
  7. varyv88

varyv88 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Coming back to windows after a Mac, I find changing the right click to a single click intuitive. This way, I have a single click register, no matter where I click on the trackpad (for right click, I use the two finger tap). I've enabled the three finger taps as well as the four finger swipe.
    Still, the pad is annoying. It is indeed very jumpy and the two finger scroll is not smooth, even after increasing/decreasing sensitivity. Specifically, it is difficult to use the two finger scroll for small selection boxes where scrolling is required (say, something like the "select folder" box while saving a file).

Larger windows, such as browsers are a lot easier to use once you get used to the pad.

8. zeth006

zeth006 Average Joe

Reputations:
    I have to quite honestly say a bad touchpad would be a deal-breaker for me.

9. varyv88

varyv88 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    "Bad" is very subjective, specially so in this case. It is a good trackpad for a windows system....it's just that the mac is so much better that you tend to get spoiled.
    My opinion is this: coming from any previous gen windows laptop, it is a definite improvement. There are multi finger gestures which make life a whole lot more comfortable.
    However, if you are coming from a mac, even the white plastic gen. ones (that's what I had before the samsung), it feels like a step down.
    It is big and the clicks feel nice. I would have been happier if it was dead in the center of the palmrest, but I can live with the off-center placement. Only real qualm I have is the scrolling, which has a "jumpy" feeling.

Definitely try it out before making a decision either way. What feels a certain way to one may not be another's opinion.

10. yknyong1

Reputations:
    Anybody managed to eradicate the jumping cursor?