Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook 530U3B-A0 - Uanble to install Windows 7 - Express Cache?

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by flode, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flode

flode Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    the formation of the express cache is neccessary for only one thing. i don't want the boot sector of windows be written to the express chache. so i format it in the apple file system, this is a workround because windows cant recognise the express cache partitoned with this file system.

2. andersonjacob54

andersonjacob54 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm going to try using a USB drive first using your method and any other methods I can think of. I do have an external DVD drive which I will use as a last resort. Luckily, since my laptop will take about a week to replace, I will have my old laptop with me allowing me plenty of time to experiment with the Samsung one.

3. Raathass

Raathass Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    FYI USB installation of W7 fails on a series 7, but everything runs smooth if you start with a DVD instead. Gotta love those Samsung engineers...

4. razpet

razpet Newbie

Reputations:
    seems I have the same problem....

maybe you can find more info here

time to try with external dvd player ... but looks really weird this problem about booting from usb key

5. typheus

typheus Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everybody,

I found a way. this note book -I also have- two hdd. So, there is no problem with one hdd if you use microsoft's windows7 to usb installation tool. the problem with 2 hdd is that I guess boot order conflict. I consume a lot of time. As a result the solution is as follows:

1. normally install win7 or win8 whatever it is,
    2. after the restart to continue the installation from hdd you will get an error of boot\bcd.
    3. at this point boot again from usb
    4. go to repair and select cmd (command) option
    5. type "c:\md boot" create a directory called boot in root of c:\ driver
    6. type "c:\boot\md en-us" create a directory called en-us in c:\boot\
    7. go to d:\ driver-cache installation- (there are a missing (uncopied) files in c:)
    8. type "dir", you shall not see anything because files are hidden dont worry
    9. type "d:\cd boot"
    10. type "d:\copy *.* c:\boot\" (two files will be copied)bcd and memtest
    11. type "c:\boot\cd en-us" (your installation language)
    12. type "c:\boot\en-us\copy *.* c:\boot\en-us\" 2 files will be copied (bootmgr and memtest mui's)
    13. restart computer
    14. computer must continue to normal installation from hdd

I hope it will help you, it worked for me

6. target_beier

target_beier Newbie

Reputations:
    I want to format my notebook as follows:

SSD (16GB) - Ubuntu
    HDD (100GB) - Windows
    HDD (400Gb) - My Files

First I needed to install Windows. I created a USB stick with Windows 7 and I configured the BIOS to boot the USB stick. In screen to choose the partition, I select the 500GB HD and create two partitions, one 100GB (Windows) and a 400Gb (My files).

But then the installer returns this error:
    "Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition"

Anyone knows whats going on?

I haven't tried to recreate the stick.

I cannot even start the installation ... With an external DVD I can install on a partition of 100Gb HDD without problem?

I successfully installed Ubuntu on the SSD (16GB) and use all the HDD 500GB for my files. But I could not install Windows from USB stick ... For now I'm just with Ubuntu ...

Can anyone help me?

7. referee

referee Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi
    I tryed to install windows 7 ult using usb, but i can't with message "missing operation system". Then i wrote dvd and solved this problem. Thx alot!

8. Julius99

Julius99 Newbie

Reputations:
    i got the same problem, i cant install windows 8 using usb hdd on samsung series 5 13.3". i tried many times but still unsuccessful. At first, the windows intallation started then up until when it restarts to finish the installation it cycles back to first step of windows installation. then when i try to enter bios setup to make HDD as first boot prioroty then i restarted it, then an error shows. i dont have an external dvd drive so i cannot try installing windows using it. Hope somebody could help us solve this problem so that we can enjoy windows 8.

9. adix

adix Newbie

Reputations:
    Had the same problem with w7, couldn't install system from usb drive (with other machines no problem). The only way was to connect an external dvd and traditional method. Try it :)

10. mmariusz

mmariusz Newbie

Reputations:
    Guys, you don't need an external drive to install Windows 7! After the day of struggling I finally found the way to install it from hard disk. In fact it's true that installer hangs only when run from usb stick. So I created additional 5gb ntfs partition on hdd drive, copied there files from installer iso and made the partition bootable (you can do this by running the installer from pendrive, pressing shift + f10 to open the command line and typing bootsect /nt60 x:, where x represents your partition).

Now the only problem is to boot the partition. I did this from grub using this configuration (didn't work without device mapping):
    rootnoverify (hd0,5)
    map (hd0,0) (hd0,5)
    map (hd0,5) (hd0,0)
    makeactive
    chainloader +1

I think it's possible to boot the partition from windows bootloader, which can be saved to mbr using bootsect with /mbr parameter but I'm not sure - I didn't try it.

When the installation completed I got fully running Windows on hdd starting automatically from hdd's mbr. The ssd drive was left untouched (I have a linux root partition on it).

Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.