Samsung Easy Settings - Slow?

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by pilotrose, Mar 9, 2012.

1. sean.e

sean.e Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Volume works via Fn+F6,F7,F8 for me without opening Easy Settings. Do you have dmhkcore.exe running?

2. matthewf123

matthewf123 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    SSD upgrade complete.

OK, yes --- now launching Easy Settings wifi control using FN F12 is much faster.

Still not instant, and still annoying that the key combo doesnt DIRECTLY toggle the setting on/off for me, and instead just shows you the setting... but better than before.

3. pilotrose

pilotrose Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah most of the FN functions, well, all of them that do not open the Easy Settings program are very quick if not instant. The Easy Settings link, and wifi on/off are the two that are slow, because they load the program.

Basically I think everyone, including myself, would like a quick toggle of all wireless off, wifi on with bluetooth off, wifi off and bluetooth off, bluetooth on and wifi off. Most computers have that sort of setup.

Since we don't have a manual switch to turn on/off the wifi, it'd be nice to have a better software/FN solution.

4. Sir Punk

Sir Punk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    it's easy guys, just forget about the easy settings and put a shortcut on your desktop to your Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections.
    and you can do the same with Bluetooth. But yes it's annoying because on mine even the brightness adjustment lags.

5. turn8

turn8 Newbie

Reputations:
    this easy settings app is garbage if you plan on running your own monitor calibration since the app takes over color profiles and changes them on boot up.

my only option to get it to stop was to uninstall it, if i need to change something i guess i am out of luck.