Samsung Chromebook Pro launching with Android 7.1.1 support

Discussion in 'Chrome OS and Software' started by Primes, May 18, 2017.

1. Primes

Primes Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    saturnotaku likes this.
  2. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Any word on chromebook plus getting this? as well? or has it already have it? I am looking at picking one of these up very soon and hope it has android support.

3. Primes

Primes Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  4. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    awesome...thanks. After Christmas I think im going to get one. I want pen support, but not into shelling out 1500 large to "TRY" ChromeOS.

5. Primes

Primes Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The Pixelbook will have pen support with a starting cost of $999 + $99 for the pen.
    Obviously this going to be the newest most expensive Chromebook when it comes out.

It's also rumored Samsung is coming out with a Chromebook pro that will have pen support.

You can try out ChromeOS by burning Neverware's Cloudready to a flash drive and booting it. This pretty much gives you 99% of ChromeOS.
    I would recommend everyone try out ChromeOS before committing to a purchase. It doesn't work for everyone.

6. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Prime, the Samsung plus and pro already have pen support with s pen built into the device. The Pixelbook is an awesome looking device, with cool features. If I do like using chrome for most things, I will grab one, but I will try the plus first to see if its something I can use for my purposes.

7. Primes

Primes Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Sorry, I thought you were talking about a high-spec pen similar to a wacom or surface pen.

8. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
  9. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The Samsung Spen has the functionality of the surface pen. I have used both! I do prefer the size of the Surface pen however.

10. lovelaptops

lovelaptops MY FRIENDS CALL ME JEFF!

Reputations:
    Hard for me to imagine preferring the Surface (fka "Ntrig) pen to the S Pen, which is just a specially tuned version of Wacom EMR, widely regarded as the best active digitizer available by artists. If you don't like the actual S pen, you can purchase any of dozens of Wacom EMR pens, priced from $10 and up, available very cheaply on eBay and elsewhere. The biggest problem I have with inking on the Chromebook Pro is that my favorite app, One Note, has only a very limited version that runs on Chrome/Android OS. The inking on several Android apps - Squid, Lecture Notes, others - is truly a dream, and I've been using laptops with active digitizers since 2008.

Primes likes this.