Samsung ATIV Book 5 NP530U4E and NP540U4E

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Atom Ant, Jan 28, 2013.

?

What do you miss the most in this laptop?

1. HD+ matte screen?

65.2%
  2. HD+ glossy touchscreen?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Optical drive?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. mSata port?

8.7%
  5. more USB 3.0 ports?

4.3%
  6. AMD A10 APU?

8.7%
  7. Other, I'll write in the forum

13.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Hello, here I go again

Reputations:
    I have not experienced any CPU or GPU throttling, not even with overclocked GPU. The temperatures stays under 75C in 25C room and I also have not experienced any Enduro issue. The laptop working perfectly as it have to.

Here are the details of my system right after a longer GTA V gameplay;

2. 3g6

3g6 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Very nice it is working so smooth and you get up to 100% GPU utilization. The temperature surprisingly low from so highly clocked GPU in ultrabook!

3. Krom_

Krom_ Newbie

Reputations:
    Replaced wifi (now Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235, $22 on ebay) and hdd (now Transcend TS128GSSD720, ~90-100€ from a local store).
    Wireless speed is now 2-3 times faster (~120Mbit measured). The new card was correctly detected by Samsung's SW update.
    The laptop boots from off state (S5) to desktop in 10-11 seconds, and after 6-7 seconds finishes booting completely (most of this time is wifi connection).

Atom Ant likes this.
  4. rhed

rhed Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all -

I'm sorta new here, so please go easy on me ^_^

I'm recently bought this great laptop at a great price here in our country - be more specific, this is the NP530U4E-S01PH model that has the i5-3337U and the AMD Radeon 8750M GPU.

I've begun playing some games on this machine, but some games I feel could have improved more. My question is this:
    How do I update the 8750M drivers on this machine? Currently it shows that I have the 9.3 version, however the AMD site says that this GPU's latest driver is 13.9. I've tried going into Device Manager and update the driver from there, however it tells me that my version is currently the latest one. I've tried installing the AMD Mobility Verfication Tool however after I install it I'm getting the error saying that my graphics hardware is not compatible.

I hope you guys could help me out here. Could be just a little detail that I missed.

My PC Info:
    pc-info.PNG

5. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Have you used Samsung's SW Update program to find the latest official drivers and software?

If you are up-to-date then look at the 2013 Series 7 threads such as this to see how to install the newer graphics drivers. One possibility is to use SW Update's Find Model facility to find a newer Samsung AMD graphics driver.

John

6. rhed

rhed Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi John -

Thank you for the reply. Yes I have tried to update it via SW Update, but it doesn't show any updates for the AMD Driver. Could it be that I have to wait for Samsung to release a specific driver update just for my laptop model?

If so then it kinda sucks coz 13.9 has already been out for a while and they still haven't released an update for it :/

P.S. I'm still going through the thread you linked above, too many posts and I don't know where to begin. hehe forgive me

7. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Check the opening post of the thread linked below and then the last 10 pages or so. Lots of members there use Catalyst drivers straight from AMD.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sam...unge-np770z5e-np780z5e-np870z5e-np880z5e.html

rhed likes this.
  8. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Hello, here I go again

Reputations:
    Or, I believe Samsung will do driver updates through their SW update software for Windows 8.1 in two weeks?

9. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    And I think you are right, they will.

10. rhed

rhed Newbie

Reputations:
    I hope so too. I tried installing Win 8.1 a few days back but the machine just crippled down due to incompatibility issues - had to revert back to 8 after that. Guess patience is a virtue for now ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.