Samsung 470 Series SSD Firmware Update

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by 3Fees, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chimpanzee

chimpanzee Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Unless one knows the firmware fix specific problems on a said installation, I see no point of doing any of these updates. If it ain't broken, don't fix it. This is especially true for a device like SSD/HDD.

2. Toyo

Toyo Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Chimp, I agree with your statement for the most part. However, each F/W update that Sammy has given us has seen advancement for the better. For example, the latest update provides us with better start up times, more stable nan, and it is non-destructive. They did not put it out to "fix" any major problems as you sort of point at. In my opinion if I had this drive with the 08 F/W I would update it. I think we both agree that there are alot of SSD mfgs out there that "have" to update there F/W because it is problematic. Take my other SSD besides my 470 which is an Intel 2nd Gen; there is an update to it but it works perfectly so I am not going to touch it. It is supposed to correct a problem with a different model which just so happens to use the same F/W as mine. In this situation I firmly agree with you
    :)

3. andros_forever

andros_forever Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    --edit: Took out ssd from laptop and looked at the model number on the back of the unit.

tried the firmware update and it was stuck on Drive scan in progress... for an hour so I manual shut down and rebooted into win 8. No data was lost thankfully

4. ellalan

ellalan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You can view the model numbers in any adverts for Samsung 470 (Amazon) or in Samsung sites.
    Capture 10.JPG

5. allenpan

allenpan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    no one able to flash the dell oem version of pm810 to retail???

TBoneSan likes this.
  6. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    + 1 - mine is playing up with Intel RST

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.