Samsung 32GB D-RAM in Zephyrus S GX531

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by IYK206, Mar 7, 2019.

1. IYK206

IYK206 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello!
    I just got my new laptop.
    Zephyrus S GX531 with RTX 2070 max-q
    I am currently studying Business Analytics in Graduate school, but am also doing some Kaggle as well.
    Last year, my desktop memory (16GB) couldn't handle Kaggle data and crashed on some of the runs while working with models such as XGBoost , LightGBM, etc...
    Alternatively, I ended up using cloud servers to run the models and thought that if I could get hands on some of the data with my laptop, it would be really neat. However, these cloud servers cost a lot in the long run...
    I do understand that these modelings should be done in rather a high-end pc or workstation, but sometimes there are cases when I just have to use my laptop due to their portability.
    The reason I bought this laptop specifically was to do some Kaggle works and other Big Data analysis, while being able to carry to my lab.

Back to the topic. I noticed that Samsung has a Single stick D-Ram that is capable of holding 32GB. I was wondering if It would work on this laptop because I have read the description and the maximum amount of memory for this model was 24GB (8 soldered and 16GB stick).

Hope to hear from you guys!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  2. IYK206

IYK206 Newbie

Reputations:
    The reason I am asking this question is, I have yet to find a SINGLE review on this "Samsung 32GB DDR4 SODIMM".
    If anyone has used it or knows if it'll work on my laptop it would be great : ) !