Samsung 2012 Series 7 Chronos (NP700Z3, NP700Z4 & NP700Z5 series) Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by yknyong1, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randy_baton

randy_baton Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes its the wifi light so goes off when i switch the wifi off, it just looks a bit funny when the keyboard dims and the one key stays lit up. just to be clear i'm talking about the backlight on the whole of the key not just the small blue light embedded in the key. The light remains on even if the backlight is turned off.

2. xplane9

xplane9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys,

I am looking to snatch up one of these for a Christmas gift. The version I am looking at is the gimped BestBuy version, but for 829 it is a pretty good deal. How loud is the computer during light usage such as music and web browsing? The BestBuy version has a slower 5400 rpm HDD, ATI 6490m, no backlit keyboard and no expresscache.

3. Parijat

Parijat Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Its not loud at all, very quiet. Get it from Microsoft store the better version with 25% in store discount brings it to $950

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

4. aznguyen316

aznguyen316 Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Reputations:
    not loud at all when doing general use. When you load up a youtube video, then the fan becomes audible. It's funny though the fan will turn off almost immediately once the chrome tab of youtube is closed out. But yeah pretty quiet. Speaking from experience on the BB model you speak of that was on sale. It jumped $40 though since yesterday.

5. winsettz

winsettz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The BB model is fine for me. I know that in a few years my hundred bucks for the better version becomes a sunken investment, and by then I'll be in the market for something better with the extra money still in my pocket.

The ExpressCache comes into its own with bootup, and to compensate they come with "fast sleep", which loads stuff into RAM (and thus consumes battery while you sleep).

6. Hamby44

Hamby44 Newbie

Reputations:
    just got this a week ago and am loving it so far, even though it the gimped BB version(JR just leaked a few of the upgraded version last night...)

one thing that i really want to get rid of is the annoying pop up when say i enable/disable caps/num lock or change the volume/brightness levels. does anyone know of a way to remove these?

7. yknyong1

yknyong1 Radiance with Radeon

Reputations:
    Updated OP

8. um4rio

um4rio Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anybody sucessfully managed to implement smooth scrolling yet? (in chrome/any web browser) - I have installed the Chromium Wheel Smooth Scroller and although it is better than it was, it still isn't quite perfect

Has anyone else had any better luck? What settings are you using?

9. revlimit

revlimit Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone know where to get skin protector for this laptop?

10. Asdamine

Asdamine Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just got this Sammy Lappy today :) I'm pretty happy with it so far. The keyboard is especially nice - quiet and light with decent feedback.

Anyway, does anyone know how to disable the wifi and bluetooth for good? Every time I restart the computer they turn right back on and I have to manually Fn+F12 which takes me to Samsung's Express Settings to turn them off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.