Samsung 2012 Series 7 Chronos (NP700Z3, NP700Z4 & NP700Z5 series) Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by yknyong1, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CryCLL

CryCLL Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Dear Chronos users,

I've read in a couple reviews about this laptop's wrist slicing capabilities while typing for extended periods of time. Are these claims exaggerated? Is it that bad?

2. 7pcblkrc

7pcblkrc Newbie

Reputations:
    There is no problem with the wrist resting area. I rest my hand on the edge all of the time, I don't even notice it. I actually TRIED to make it hurt by pressing down, but no pain. Who ever is complaining about this must have skin that is a couple nano meters thick or something. Either that, or they are some whiney complainer that likes to complain about neglegable edge tolerances and similar things.....or they are fan boys of another brand. Reminds of a guy I heard complaining that he had to "twist his 'TORSO'" in order to use the keyboard because the qwerty is offset to the left, lol. I laughed my off! Since when does someone need to twist their torso to move their out stretched hands two inches to the left? Needless to say he was an Apple fan.

3. 7pcblkrc

7pcblkrc Newbie

Reputations:

I have a Pioneer KRP-600M and I have watched HD movies and feeds off the chronos through the HDMI. It looks pretty damn good. I noticed a little issues on shadow definition and a couple othe minor artifacts. I'm assuming it's because of the GPU, not the HDMI or the CPU. That being said, I'm a major videophile...so I
    notice most things a lot of other people wouldn't notice or even care about if they did, haha. But I would say a laptop is not the choice for a home theater comp. Get a desktop or build one to spec for that specific purpose. That's the onlyway to do it "right". But this laptop still delivers.

4. 7pcblkrc

7pcblkrc Newbie

Reputations:
    I just realized I didn't fully answer your question. I don't know if it support your res because my res is 1820x1080. But it looks pretty good. And this monitor is still the best display out there as far as REFERENCE PQ is concerned (which seems is what you are after), and it looks acceptable to me, but not perfect.

5. sean.e

sean.e Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I use mine about 14 hours a day. I keep my palms away from the edges because of the inconsistent joint/fit between the top and the side. At some points, the joint is perfect but at other points the side edge is higher than the top flat area - those points are uncomfortable.

6. SteamyG

SteamyG Newbie

Reputations:
  7. SteamyG

SteamyG Newbie

Reputations:
    I don't feel the sharp edge while I'm typing. So I don't see how it would become an issue. IMHO the sharp edge could cause problems only if I had to use touchpad extensively e.g. for full-day graphics editing. For that I would use a mouse anyways. Note though that I've been using the laptop for just a couple of days.

8. Ephelant

Ephelant Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have no issues with a sharp edge. Not sure if a particular model had this problem worse than most but I can't imagine mine bothering anyone.

9. yknyong1

yknyong1 Radiance with Radeon

Reputations:
    The sharp edge is dependent on each machine's build. However, unless you have very thin skin/wrist, it does not cause discomfort at all.

10. BlakeRoss

BlakeRoss Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Great question! I also use Truecrypt, so this is also very important to me. Anyone? (by the way, it's illegal to bring an encrypted drive into Russia or China, so be aware if you're going there on business)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.