Sager NP9150 bricked because of total freeze after some time of operation.

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by msnboston, Jul 17, 2017.

1. msnboston

msnboston Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi All,

I have my beloved Sager NP9150 (Clevo 150EM) that I had for 3 years that is currently bricked because it hangs after a few minutes of operation. It hangs immediately after the video graphics card driver is installed. I tried to send in for repairs in my hometown but even they could not repair it saying that it is a hardware issue and they cannot solve it. I'm sure that it is the case. Is there anyone who can help me resurrect my laptop?

If not, can anyone direct me to any place that can repair it for me in India? I'd GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks

2. don_svetlio

don_svetlio Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I'm leaning towards the GPU being dead. Unless it's an MXM card - you will likely have to replace the motherboard.

3. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yep, it's definitely an MXM laptop so a replacement GPU might be the first order of business before you send it off to the computer cemetary.

4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes a replacement MXM card should get you back up and running. If you find the same card again it's a plug and play swap.

5. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What video card does it come with?
    If you can find a cheap MXM card, talk to the seller and explain your situation carefully. Try to find the cheapest MXM card first, unless the seller you find gives you a very good return policy. If you cannot find a seller who will have a good return policy on an expensive card, you can find a cheap card, you can test it and see if it works successfully with your system, and if it does, then you can try a more expensive card. You will have to make sure that heatsink and chip layout is compatible, as there are different formats for some MXM cards.

Good luck.

6. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Looks like a standard MXM so the highest could be a 780M or a 980M depending on system compatibility.

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    980M with the prema system BIOS is the highest you can do "easily".

8. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    If your reseller has the BIOS that allows the system to be ran solely off of the Intel Graphics, you can flash the system with that just to get it operational. Otherwise you'll need to replace the card.