Sager NP8851, P950ER: Maximizing 1070 Max Q Performance

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by buzzjam, Jun 10, 2018.

1. buzzjam

buzzjam Newbie

Reputations:
    Just posting some data I have from my 150W P950ER from Gentech, LM for both GPU and CPU. These are the highest scores I've gotten while still being stable during the benchmarks.

Usually I run 220 MHz for both mem and core for games. During highest turbo was around 1650 MHz, avg was around 1300 MHz. GPU temps around 84C.

Would love to see a BIOS update to allow for 90-100W. Currently, GPU voltage does not exceed 850 mV no matter what.

Highest Valley results: -140mV undervolt on CPU, OC'd GPU 230MHz Core, 300 MHz mem
    [​IMG]

Highest Firestrike results: -140mV undervolt on CPU, OC'd GPU 236MHz Core, 305 MHz mem
    [​IMG]

Aida 64 + Furmark, -135mV undervolt on CPU
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    codral likes this.
  2. Ciellia

Ciellia Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hmm, your image links seem broken, can't see anything form here :S

Also, does NP8851 offers the same package (power supply, internal system, etc.) as Clevo P955er? Could the same settings also be applied on P955er?

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Basically the same yes.

4. codral

codral Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey mate, dying to read your results but as other people have reported here your images seem broken... I've got a 950HR, which I believe is the same GPU (also the 80W) and have been searching for a decent Afterburner profile, I can hit about +400mhz on mem but not more than 160mhz core (nets me about 15600 in firestrike 1.1 graphics only) which seems to be the standard amount, just wondering if this was just from a core clock boost or this was a full voltage/core profile you made custom? Any other mods to allow this? Thanks a heap in advance

5. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    All you can do is do a custom curve and hope you have decent silicon lottery, sadly the P95x series seem to have castrated GTX 1070MQ (yes somehow they managed to castrate a castrated GPU).

Also cooling will improve performance, since your boostclocks rely on temperatures as well.

6. codral

codral Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey mate, that's just stupid, there's nothing wrong with the 1070MQ in these models, the P95x performs better than most other 80w 1070MQ laptops because the thermals are so good (do a bit of research on how these PC's are actually performing), it's also smaller and lighter and doesn't scream "gamer", just the way i like it. Calling them "Castrated" is just ignorant, all you ever post is salt mate, please don't waste my time replying to me in future hey, every thread i see your name on is you attacking sager or clevo or people with different ideas. Cheers.

7. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    1.) Clevo is the only brand out there who has a 80W Maxq, all the others have 90W.
    2.) Clevo performs by far the worst when it comes to CPU and GPU
    3.) before telling someone that something is stupid and he has to do research, you might want to do it yourself first.

8. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Literally all Max-Q 1070s I have seen across ODMs are 80W, except for the one in the 15x.

GPU throttle will be acticvated once the GPU breaches TDP limit, which results in showing slightly more in monitoring software like HWinfo64, but those are just spikes before the clocks and voltage are efficiently dropped and not sustained loads.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    XMG and yrekabakery like this.
  9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    As per Prema, please stop spreading more misinformation and criticising others before checking your own information.

XMG likes this.
  10. buzzjam

buzzjam Newbie

Reputations:
    I updated the photos, hopefully everyone can see them now.