Sager NP8358F2-S (Clevo PB51DF2) mini review: RTX 2070 super, Intel 8 core....

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by hodgeMN, May 31, 2020.

1. Fred_Huang

Fred_Huang Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    1. Remove all screws from back.
    2. Remove keyboard (careful it has a cable connected), remove screws underneath keyboard.
    3. Remove backcover

Something similar to this:

i bought from gentech, apparently they have removed keyboard screws while apply thermal paste and didn't put them back.

2. Nereus333

Nereus333 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm on the verge of buying this laptop in 15.6", just deciding between the 144Hz FHD (1080p) or the 4K UHD. I primarily use a desktop rig, so the laptop won't be used nearly as much, but when I do use it, it will be used for both gaming and productivity. I'm definitely leaning toward the 144Hz, because at 60Hz I am much more likely to suffer motion sickness when gaming (I'm assuming the 4K is 60Hz), and also I'm not really seeing the point of 4K on a 15.6" panel. Other than that, the machine looks awesome. Any comments? I wish they still made 1440p panels, annoys me that nobody makes them for laptops anymore.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020 at 12:30 PM
  3. noobmaster69

noobmaster69 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the 4k version and the screen is amazing, especially for watching media. Personally I didn't bother with the 144hz since I don't play high FPS competitive games that benefit from those. I don't reach 144 anyway on the highest settings lmao. I don't think I can go back to 1080p, but the hit on battery life is noticeable.

4. Nereus333

Nereus333 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah 1080p does feel like a step backwards - wish they made 1440p, it's such a good compromise, especially for 15.6" laptops. Good point about the battery too.

5. noobmaster69

noobmaster69 Newbie

Reputations:
    To be fair, none of us are buying these things for the battery life.:biglaugh:

6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hopefully more panel manufacturers move to 1440p but I think since 1080p yields so well at the moment they are resistant.