Sager NP8358F2-S (Clevo PB51DF2) mini review: RTX 2070 super, Intel 8 core....

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by hodgeMN, May 31, 2020.

1. edry12

edry12 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys! I recently bought this laptop and and would like to know how log does it takes to boot up. I have the version with a 500Gb WD blue, and I'm experiencing a boot time of 35 seconds, and a reboot time of one minute.

I tried all the options from the bios and I couldn't improve this time but in doesn't feel right.

Thanks!

2. Nauzhror

Nauzhror Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have the 17" model, and it's pretty slow.

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Boot times can depend on options.

4. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I'm SSD only (8TB +4TB +500GB) and my reboot was around 60 seconds, but 45 if you don't include all the time it spent shutting down all of the things I have running in the background.

27 seconds to my windows login screen on boot up.

Seems good enough for me, granted I've never valued the super fast startups, had laptops years ago start up in like 10-15 seconds but it never impressed me. I care more about performance after it's booted.

5. Byok

Byok Newbie

Reputations:
    What kind of battery life are you guys getting with this model?

6. vodkabro69

vodkabro69 Newbie

Reputations:
    How is the chassis of this laptop? I hear it gets bad airflow because of the short rubber feet on the bottom. Also, does this have XMP 2.0 for 1.35v 3200mhz ram clocking?

7. Ashlander

Ashlander Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have the older model and just made little rubber feet to hold the back up higher. They just insert into the rear corner screw holes. Made a difference of 5-10* depending on the game.

@hodgeMN Do you still have the old model with the per-key keyboard? I'm wondering if it'd swap over. If not, we can meet up and swap mine over and see if it works.

8. Fred_Huang

Fred_Huang Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I ordered from Gentech on 07/30/2020, shipped out 8/7/2020, will be arriving 8/14. Kevin told me build time would be 1-2 weeks so I am very happy.

First time sager user dummy question: I ordered without OS and plan to install windows on my own. Is there a list of drivers I need to install, or a Sager utility software to help with that?

And as one of the user said, I don't want to open up the back panel to inspect if thermal upgrades have been applied (and how I can tell without removing heat pipes..). Is there a way I could check if thermal upgrades have been applied successfully?

Thank you!

9. vodkabro69

vodkabro69 Newbie

Reputations:
    I got my sager today and only got 3.6k on my cinebench r20. Did Gentech send me a dud? I also hear they skipped repasting some of the ordered laptops too

10. vodkabro69

vodkabro69 Newbie

Reputations:
    Seems stuck at 3589 cinebench even after tweaking, I've lost confidence in this product.