Sager NP7338 / Clevo W230SS - - - Beeping and shutting down.

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Terreos, Dec 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Did you turn off secure boot? I don't understand how or why it would happen, and maybe just coincidence, but I did that and it stopped, didn't have it for four or five months, when I had it about once a week before that.

2. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    Is that a windows 8 thing only? I have windows 7 on my laptop. If it's not how do I go about turning off secure boot?

3. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    From the BIOS.

4. odin2free

odin2free Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The bios has options for security
    It should be the second to last tab on the right side..

Did you load setup defaults after bios update?

Are you using uefi or legacy for bios boot options?

This is interesting, has me wondering if the computer is just pissed for it not being used in such a long time :p( that whole mind of its own thing)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Elipsus

Elipsus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Maybe it's a RAM problem, try booting it with just 1 RAM at a time,maybe one is faulty

Elipsus

6. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    Ok I found it. It was off already.

It seems the secure boot was already off. This laptop doesn't seem to have a uefi so I've been using legecy. I've tried loading defaults in the bios. Now it won't load into windows. It goes into the windows splash screen then I get a black screen before it starts beeping and shuts down.

If it's mad at me for not using it I sorry! I didin't mean to hurt it's feelings. But, I did buy it for a secondary pc. It knew what it was getting into. :)

My laptop only came with a single 8gb stick. If I can find my old laptop memory I will give this a try.

7. t456

t456 1977-09-05, 12:56:00 UTC

Reputations:
    One other thing you may want to rule out is the battery and psu (since it's acting up when gaming). Try without battery and with a different adapter, anything's fine as long as it's 120W+ and ~19V.

8. odin2free

odin2free Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That's weird.
    The only thing is that defaults should revert to what it was when shipped to you.

Check to make sure the boot drives are set correctly ahci for the ssd.

Boy ino windows repair ( USB or a disk) run a repair analyze to see what's going on with the partition... Possibly the drive is failing and destroying the installation. But really I have no idea..

Try the windows repair or even better yet make a live linux install on a USB to see if it will boot to that or not..
    If it won't boot the linux install than its hardware specific and not software..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    I'll give it a whirl tomorrow. If I try to do a recovery the laptop shuts down before it can complete it. So that's a big problem. I may have to crack down and see if sager may try to repair it for me.

10. joe17301

joe17301 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi there, just saw this thread. On my old Clevo clone the really really loud beeps and shutdowns were caused by a RAM failure, so maybe something to try. I thought it was overheating and maybe it was, but I finally noticed my RAM had gone down from 16GB to 12GB (had 4x4GB in it) and when I took out the broken RAM it didn't beep any more. Good luck :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.