Sager NP6852 Touchpad and GPU Question

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by LGFUAD, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Stooj

Stooj Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Optimus systems don't get any of those settings since the internal LCD is actually connected directly to the Intel GPU. You'll need to use the equivalent colour settings in the Intel control panel.
    The Nvidia Control panel will only give you game settings (where you can select your default GPU and create profiles). Optimus works by funneling the output of the Nvidia GPU to the Intel one which is then displayed.

Furthermore, if you plug an external monitor into your laptop, you'll get all the monitor colour/resolution settings back as they are connected to the Nvidia GPU and not the Intel one.

You should definitely NOT use the Windows disk compression (ie the one available when you right-click the drive and go to Properties). It can make recovery incredibly difficult if you ever have issues with the drive or OS. As far as the brightness is concerned, the things I can think of that would do that are:
    1. Adaptive Brightness going crazy. I suggest disabling it. You can do this in: Control Panel -> Power Options -> Edit Plan Settings -> Change Advanced Power Settings -> Display -> Enable adaptive brightness. Select "Off for both"
    2. If your power connector is not quite seated properly it may be half in/out causing the brightness to vary.

EDIT: Almost forgot. For the touchpad, edge scrolling is generally not support anymore as two-finger is considered more ergonomic and less error prone. You may need to adjust the touchpad settings in the Windows options (Settings->Devices->Touchpad).

You may want to play around with the "Taps" section. Particularly try disabling "two-finger-tab" as it can often get misinterpreted when two-finger scrolling. Also try using "Short Delay" on "Taps" and if you don't use two-finger Zoom, disable it entirely.

2. LGFUAD

LGFUAD Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you for clearing that up for me. I was calibrating my screen with Quick Gamma and didn't know if I should use the Intel or the Nvidia card for the contrast/brightness. I'm glad that everything is working like it should in that department. Although, I'm getting some banding in gradients when I look at quick tests online. Is that normal for this card?

I did and haven't had that problem since. Thank you for that information. The screen is stable for the most part.

No. Nothing. I even updated the driver again through the Clevo site. I feel like smacking it lol

I'm sorry for being such a pest, but I do appreciate you guys trying to help me. Thank you!

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Which display did you get? Depending on the panel the banding could be caused by dithering.

4. LGFUAD

Reputations:
    Hi, there.

15.6” FHD 16:9 LED Backlit Wide screen (1920x1080) Super Clear Matte Type IPS Screen with NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) GDDR5 (Pascal) DX12

I copied it right from the website lol

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Can you post a link to the specific test and picture of the screen?

6. LGFUAD

Reputations:
    No problem.

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/gradient.php

There's a little banding, but there are these thin white lines above the black sections. I don't know if that's normal. The picture of what it's suppose to look like doesn't have those.

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Taking a close up picture of the pixels with your phone can let you take a closer look.

8. LGFUAD

Reputations:
    Here's the photo I took. Is there something wrong here?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]