Sager NP5852 | Clevo N850HL: Runs cooler than.....

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by knightp25, Jan 2, 2019.

1. knightp25

knightp25 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have had the

Alienware m15
    MSI gs65 stealth
    Razorblade 15 (2018)

Now i currently own the Sager NP6853

I have had the chance to use all 4 of these laptops, and i have to say the Sager is the quietest and runs the coolest out of all of them.

Alienware - battery life was horrible, along with the keyboard layout, fans very loud as well.
    MSI gs65 stealth - I did like this laptop, very nice keyboard, but it always ran hot when playing games. had a beautiful screen.
    Razorblade 15 (2018) - Also ran hot, i did like the keyboard layout and battery was not too bad, fans were loud as well.

This is my first Sager and i have to say i really like it, the mouse could be a little better, but overall it fits all my needs.

The Sager is the one i am going to keep.

Vasudev likes this.
  2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    That's an interesting mix of machines, enjoy yours.

3. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    sorry but saying that a notebook with a 1050 ti is quiter than notebooks with 1070 maxqs is like saying a rock is hard and a pillow is soft.

also batteryife of your clevo is also garbage.

4. Rahego

Rahego Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Danishblunt you're right. It's better to put gtx 1070 and complain about temps than using hardware that can be cooled properly by specific chassis:)

5. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    incorrect, the thing and lights can usually cool down the hardware to a reasonable level once repasted, however it is loud.But I agree when people are complaining about noise when purchasing a thin and light with rather high specced hardware and then say that anothr notebook is more quiet because of way inferior hardware is apples/oranges.

6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The power bands for each segment of the GPU market moved so radically, there was a time when the top end chips were 50W, now it's closer to 200W.