Sager NP5720 w/ Ubuntu 5.10

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Pol, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pol

Pol Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

I was wondering if anybody here has had success installing and running Ubuntu GNU/Linux 5.10 "The Breezy Badger" on a Sager NP5720 system?

I have recently received this wonderful system and I am having trouble with Ubuntu... It stops booting at the "Starting hotplug subsystem..." element. The system isn't 100% frozen because I can switch between virtual terminals (Ctrl+F1-5) but the system will not continue booting past that point no matter how long I leave it on.

I suspect it might have something to do with PCMCIA or USB probing.

If you have any ideas please tell me. You can reply to this message, email me at polnospam@gmail.com or IM me on AIM at RememberPOL.

I'm in dire need of assistance.

2. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies TG Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Not sure how many responses you are going to get . . not sure of how many Linux users we have here.

Have you tried just bootable versions of Linux?

3. Pol

Pol Newbie

Reputations:
    Actually I have successfully booted Slax v5.0.6 (which is based on Slackware) but I am still having issues with Ubuntu's "hotplug subsystem" on bootup. I hope I can find a work around and this issue will be addressed in the upcoming April 6.04 version.

4. Pol

Pol Newbie

Reputations:
  5. robnix

robnix Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    As an FYI, the Sound card issues have been fixed in the Dapper Drake release of Ubuntu/Kubuntu. I have it running on my 5720 and everything except the camera works great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.