1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Sager NP2090/COMPAL IFL90 FAQ!

Discussion in 'Compal' started by Harry, Jul 6, 2007.

?

Has this FAQ helped you? Should I make more about other Sager's/Clevo's?

1. Yes, Yes

94 vote(s)
    80.3%
  2. No, No

7 vote(s)
    6.0%
  3. Yes, No

11 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. No, Yes

5 vote(s)
    4.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCG1589

NCG1589 Notebook Consultant

How long will the battery last if i just want to get the most possible with the 9 cell? And how long will it last watching a movie?

2. paladin44

paladin44 Company Representative

With the screen brightness turned down to as low as it can be while still being comfortable to read, and with the wireless off, when it is new you should get 4+ hours while reading, surfing, typing or other light use.

DVD viewing with the brightness down and no wireless or other applications working in the background should provide just over 3 hours (I consistently got 3:06 to 3:10).

For gaming you would need to cut the time in about half.

3. Wirelessman

Wirelessman Monkeymod

That's what probably we advertisse, but my battery hardly last 3h.

4. paladin44

How old is it?

Those are battery tests when the battery is new, but all batteries loose their power over time...and maybe you have the screen brightness too high, or you are running too much stuff in the background.

5. Houseof52

Houseof52 Notebook Enthusiast

Anyone know the most recent (stable) drivers for the 8600gt? Just wondering, couldn't find them anywhere. The latest I have is 156.10...

6. zfactor

zfactor Mastershake

im using the 175.19 and they are working great so far..

7. Houseof52

Really? Where did you get 175.19? I found (I think) 169.70? But not anywhere in the 170's

8. zfactor

zfactor Mastershake

9. Houseof52

Oh, great, thanks!

10. Lrrr

Lrrr Newbie

The user manual link in the OP isn't working. Which number on the back is the serial number?

11. DPyro

DPyro Notebook Enthusiast

I have a PowerPro Compal IFL90 that's experiencing overheating issues with the 8600M GT. AFAIK all 8xxxM chips are affected. Currently, mine starts to overheat during long gaming sessions for short periods of time (20 seconds or so) and the laptop always spins the fan while idling at the lowest speed. The GPU itself idles around 60C. I believe that the overheating is getting worse; I've had the whole laptop shutdown during very long gaming sessions, which never happen when I first received the laptop. Does anyone have any idea about the repair/replacement policy on this? (nVidia or PowerNotebook)

Also, I have headphone jack that appears to slowly kill anything I plug into it. I've had it repaired twice, to no avail. Current victims are a Grado SR-80 :( and a SteelSound 4H. Anyone else have these problems? I use headphones whenever I use the laptop.

12. Ayle

Ayle Trailblazer

About the overheating, have you cleaned your vents recently?

13. paladin44

DPyro, you have a 3 year warranty and lifetime toll free 24/7 tech support. The phone number is on the bottom of your computer.

14. warped4life

warped4life Notebook Enthusiast

I've been having a problem with my FL90 automatically shutting down during long sessions of playing Freelancer. At first I thought it was overheating so I cleaned the vents and fan with compressed air spray and cue tips.

It still shuts down automatically on long gaming sessions, but I don't think it is overheating but it still shuts down without warning when playing on longer sessions. I can hear the fan spin up to the max then it shuts down. I don't think it is overheating b/c HWmonitor didn't show that any of he temps in the critical range. CPU was 59C GPU was 71C. When I play COD4 GPU is up at 81C and it doesnt auto shutdown either.

Any idea what might be causing this?

15. Ignasass

Ignasass Notebook Guru

When I am playing cod4 gpu temp sometimes gets to about 90~ (overclocked) but it never happend to shutdown or smth:)
    Even now, I am sitting with windows 7 rc in my bed and its idling about 66~. For me thats kind'a normal temperatures.
    '

16. warped4life

warped4life Notebook Enthusiast

Strange thing is when I took the battery out and ran it on just AC power it never autoshutdowns ever. Really weird. Oh well I never take my laptop away from the desk.

17. yotano211

yotano211 Notebook Evangelist

this is for anyone still using the 2090, i bought my from sager almost 2 years ago. i am still happy with the 2090 but its not my primary gaming laptop anymore, i got a gateway 6831 for that. anyways, if you want some more life from your 2090 in the cpu department then install a t8300 in it or any of the santa rosa refresh cpus (Penryn). i had the t8300 in the 2090 but its now in the gateway. they work but the temperatures dont seem to read out correctly. if you call the clevo tech support they will say that it doesnt support it or work, but they are wrong. just try it and get some extra life from your laptop.

18. sdiprose

sdiprose Newbie

Hi there

I am currently running BIOS V1.14 on my IFL90.

I currently have a SATA 120Gb HDD, and want to get a new hard disk and clean install Windows 7 onto it.

Firstly, is there a guide floating around on how to update my BIOS to V1.18 please?

Secondly, does anyone know whether a SATA-II HDD will work in the IFL90, whether it will work at 3Gb/s, and if there is a size limit on any HDD?

Great site you have here, seems really helpful!

Cheers

S

19. zbomb

zbomb Newbie

I have the SAGER NP2092. Excellent computer. There is only one thing that I want to know: What is the Clock Generator for the FSB? I can't seem to find it and no I personally will not open up the laptop to find it. Thanks for the great review and I look forward to a response.

20. cgmcnama

cgmcnama Newbie

My fan no longer works on my Compal IFL 90. Any way to fix it or replace it? MY computer overheats if I use high power setting and I'm outside of warranty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.