Sager/Clevo p755MT1 pricing

Discussion in 'Price Check Forum' started by devilhunter, Jan 4, 2020.

1. devilhunter

devilhunter Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Found a Clevo/sager with 9900k & rtx 2080 (not the mobile ver.) for 2800$ new.
    Standard ram and storage, panel is QUHD 4K I think.
    Is it a good price? Bad time to buy or wait for the next intel and rtx . Noting that I don’t upgrade my computers till they hit 5 years mark

2. 1610ftw

1610ftw Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You may want to wait for the X170 announcement from Clevo that is expected in Q2, same as shipping. You might be able to get a 17" screen in a very similar form factor and it will probably have a 2070 super option giving you about the same performance as the 755TM if not better depending on how much heat/noise you can stand. I would think that a 2080 Super would also be available but it remains to be seen how much of an improvement it will be over the normal 2080.

So with new cards and probably a new CPU socket you will have more options for the future and surely you'll have better thermals if what has already been leaked of the X170 comes true:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/clevo-2020.830221/

At the same time I would also expect announcements by other manufacturers that may or may not be of interest to you.

joluke likes this.