1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

S9-HD pairing help

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by cskdfafdlkas, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cskdfafdlkas

cskdfafdlkas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am having a terrible time pairing the S9-HD with my m1530 in Vista Ultimate 64
    I've gone though the adding process and put in 0000 for the passkey. However, the notebook doesn't seem to communicate with it. The headset also is telling me that it is not connected to anything.
    edit: it keeps prompting me for drivers

When I choose Show Bluetooth devices, I see the Motorola S9-HD there.

I assume this is the same pairing process as the S9 or any other bluetooth stereo headset. I am stumped.

2. namaiki

namaiki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    For my BT mouse, I have to select the option for no passkey.

3. cskdfafdlkas

Reputations:
    the S9HD doesn't even get off pairing mode w/o passkey

4. cskdfafdlkas

Reputations:
    I've noticed that under properties, Windows reports correctly when it was last connected. However, the s9hd still says that it is not connected to anything and I still cannot get any sound to come from the laptop

5. vinumsv

vinumsv MobileFreak™

Reputations:
    What BT Stack Version you have ?

6. cskdfafdlkas

Reputations:
    are you speaking english?

edit: in the device manager, I see
    Dell Truemobile 355 Bluetooth + EDR
    Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

I also see under other devices:
    2x Bluetooth Peripherial Device (with a caution)

7. cskdfafdlkas

Reputations:
    Okay I reinstalled the bluetooth drivers for the 355. Now its working. Mic and audio both working.
    edit. there only seems to be a lot of hiss from computer and not the phone. louder than with wired headphones

Its all about the stack. I finally have it working perfectly. I thank vinumsv for the hint.
    Windows Vista 64 bit stack suck. I think this might also apply for the 32 bit. This is basically the Dell one (R140135)
    I tried the Broadcom (Widcomm) stack. This is the one that initially worked, but had heavy static and paired erratically.
    Finally, I got my hands on BlueSoleil, which worked like a charm. No static (barely audible) and great sound. I hear that there is a Toshiba stack available too, but I have not tried that.

8. vinumsv

vinumsv MobileFreak™

Reputations:
    you don't need any other BT stack mate , the ones provided by Dell is great :D

9. cskdfafdlkas

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, I could not get the S9HD to pair with the Dell stack. Did I do something wrong?

10. roguewave

roguewave Newbie

Reputations:
    I was having pairing and sound quality issues with my S9-HD headset and Dell Studio 1535 running Vista 64. I tried updating the Broadcomm drivers for the 370 mini bluetooth card and the Windows Vista Bluetooth hotfixes. I kept the normal Dell bluetooth Vista 64 drivers.

I finally noticed when I paired the headset that it added a Bluetooth Hands-Free Audio object under the Audio section of the Bluetooth Radio Properties. With this object present the sound sounds like a mono headset. So I removed this object and made sure that Headset was not a selected Service under the Services tab of the S9-HD Bluetooth Properties. Now the S9-HD sounds great!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.