S7010 vs S6210 which is better?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Flyboy, Jul 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Packrat

Packrat Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't think you are missing anythig with the 1.5Mhz processor. I got the 1.7mhz because it was the only config with 512meg of ram. It is more than enough power for the office apps I run. You'll probablly notice an increase in battery power before you miss any loss in processing power.

2. freeman

freeman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What make you say that, when S7K is still XGA the same as S6K?
    <blockquote id='quote'>quote:<hr height='1' noshade id='quote'>Originally posted by Gatch

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  3. Flyboy

Flyboy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks for all your replys, I guess that I will try to go have a look that the S6210 at Frys and see what I think about it in person before I buy it.

I am going to be using the laptop for lab work; mostly typing papers and doing some data calculation and photoshop as well. No gaming on this machine[:p] but I will maintain a home desktop for that.

Does anyone know a place like P1 (good service and reliable) outside of CA. I know I can check sellers rating online, but just wondering if any other CA residents have looks to save the tax??

4. Run1track

Run1track Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Did you try www.newegg.com

Im not sure where they are located.

Fujitsu S6210: 1.6Ghz PM ~ 768MB RAM ~ 60GB 7200RPM Hard Drive

5. Gatch

Gatch Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yes, they both only have the XGA but the S6K has Crystal bright. It's brighter and I guess clearer but there is no higher resolution. Most people like it but some don't. I guess it's just a matter or preference.

<blockquote id='quote'>quote:<hr height='1' noshade id='quote'>Originally posted by freeman

6. Flyboy

Flyboy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Gatch, How do you like the screen you your S7010, does it seem bright and does it look nice in the office. I will mostly be using my new laptop at the lab and not really outside too much. Did you choose the S7010 because of the screen?

Run1Track, I did look at newegg and they are in CA as well[V][:(] but thanks to the suggestion, i have heard good thing about them too

The S7010D is just betterr wireless right??? anyother reason to get it?

7. neelix

neelix Newbie

Reputations:
    Got my s6210 at www.euclidcomputers.com. They are in Ohio-- shipping was about $10. They ordered from Fujitsu after I placed the order, though, so it took some time... but you can customize as if ordering from Fujitsu site if you call them. Best part is their Instant Rebates-- mine was $80 off. With shipping, it's $70 cheaper than PortableOne. You won't get PortableOne's free 3 year warranty, though.
    They just reshipped it to me the same day they recieved it from Fujitsu. I'm very happy. Plus, NO DEAD PIXELS, baby.

8. Gatch

Gatch Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    hey fly, the screen looks really nice but I did not get it because of the screen (I've always perfered a higher resolution and both the S6K and the S7K only go up to 1124X768). However, the screen does look good and is easy to see. The crystal screen on the S6K is said to work better outside. You can see this screen on sony vaio series. You could probably search back through this forum and see a discussion on why some perfer the crystal screen to the standard. The important thing to remember is that there is no change in resolution. I find the S7K screen is just fine for me.

Fujitsu S7010, 14.1" Screen, Pentium 1.5M, 1Gig ram, 80Gb HD, DVD-RW,

9. Run1track

Run1track Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Should read: 1024x768 as opposed to 1124x768.

Fujitsu S6210: 1.6Ghz PM ~ 768MB RAM ~ 60GB 7200RPM Hard Drive

10. Flyboy

Flyboy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks for the link I will take a look at them and see what they have to offer. From my quick glance it did not look like they had a deal on the S6210 :( I might just go with P1 since they have such a good reputation.

Aside from the wireless there is no differance between the S7010 and the S7010D...so if b/g will work find there is no reason to invest in it???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.