S7010 vs S6210 which is better?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Flyboy, Jul 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flyboy

Flyboy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi I am just wondering before I buy one of these machines if the CV display is worth choosing the S6210 over the bigger S7010. Also any input on which of the two is better. From what I was able to see the two are very similar except when it comes to screen size, but so many seem to favor the S6210...just wondering why before I buy.[:)]

I would like to order from PortableOne since many posts have given them high marks, but I am in CA and would like to avoid the tax. Does anyone have good experience with a non-CA based seller? (I was looking at Tiger Direct, but they have errors on website and were not plesent when I called them [V])

All the help you guys can give is VERY wanted. From your other post I have desided to go Fujitsu and they are very helpful!
    Thank you for you comments!

2. Run1track

Run1track Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The reasons I got the S6210 over the S7010 were becuase of price and size. I really dont need a big screen, and the 13.3" works great for me. I like the fact that the S7010 has the eraser head pointing device.

Im not sure if someone owns a S7010 on this site. They would be very helpful on this topic.

Check out www.resellerratings.com for ratings about online stores.

Feel free to ask any more questions that you have [:)].

Fujitsu S6210: 1.6Ghz PM ~ 768MB RAM ~ 60GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
    *******************************************************</b?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
  3. Rich M

Rich M Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I guess the first question I would ask is what are you going to be using it for??

I recently got the S6210 after owning a Sony TR (which is roughly the same dimensions as the 7000 series). My reasons were fairly simple, I loved the Sony XBrite screen but it was a little TOO small for what I needed to do.....view and simply edit large photographic RAW files for storage and future Photoshop work. I didn't want a desktop replacement, all my finish work would be on a PC with calibrated monitor....but I did need something light, fast with a decent size screen.
    The S6210 is perfect for me....the screen is ideal for deciding if a photo is a keeper, or not. The processor is fast enough to run simple PS stuff and the decision to go with the 7200rpm HD is one that has already proven to be well worth the value of the upgrade.
    The only thing I miss about the Sony is the awesome battery life...and the "cute" factor when you popped it open on your tray table on a plane.

What are your main uses going to be???

4. Brian

Brian Working at 486 Speed NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Rich, he's referring to the S7010, not the P7010, I know, it's confusing.

Anyway, the S6210 is a better machine. Not just because of the screen, but it's just "tighter." By that I mean it's better assembled and feels like a stronger machine. The 13.3" is a big display for an overall package of that size.

Editor in Chief http://www.bargainPDA.com and http://www.SPOTstop.com

5. Rich M

Rich M Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    <blockquote id='quote'>quote:<hr height='1' noshade id='quote'>Originally posted by Brian:
    Rich, he's referring to the S7010, not the P7010, I know, it's confusing.
    <hr height='1' noshade id='quote'></font id='quote'></blockquote id='quote'>

aaahhhhh.....read the post carefully FIRST. [:I]

Thanks Brian

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  6. freeman

freeman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I need the power to do my powershop too. If the P-series have the 1.5GHz Pentium-M, I would have jump right in. I can sacrifice an hour off the battery life infavor of 1.5x the CPU power.
    <blockquote id='quote'>quote:<hr height='1' noshade id='quote'>Originally posted by Rich M

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  7. tomedilus

tomedilus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Flyboy ~ I recenlty got my S7010D blindly from P1 with decent service. (Got free upgrade to 1.7GHz becoz the shipping delay ^^)

The reason why I choose S7000 over S6000 is becoz:
    * The screen is a little bid bigger,
    * S7000 is slightly thinner than S6000
    * The new Dothan Pentium M CPU with 2MB on die L2 cache
    * The ports arrangement are tidier
    * Quick Point

I'm quite happy with the S7000 I got and no problems when using it, everything worked as they supposed to.

8. Packrat

Packrat Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I own a S7010D 1.7/512/60. I bought it before the S6210 refresh. At the time is was about the same price as the older S6120 which weighed exactly the same. I figured I was getting a 14 inch screen for the same price.

Both are limited to XGA (1024x768) and have the same workspace but everything will look smaller on the 13.3 inch screen. The 14 inch screen is very comfortable for me an text appears almost the same size as my 21 inch trinitro running 1280x1024. But, I do most of my data entry and content creation on the desktop and mostly refer to it on the laptop so perhaps the smaller 13.3 inch screen would not be a problem.

The new S6210 is a few ounces lighter and overall a bit smaller. When I am working on an airplane traytable I wish I had the smaller S6210. I'm not convinced about the CV screen. The glare seems a problem and I suspect the glass coating is a bit more fragile. The new S6210 has the cool memory card reader missing from the S7010.

If I could trade for the S6210 I probably would.

9. freeman

freeman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I would have like it much better, if it's 12" laptop.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
  10. Gatch

Gatch Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I'm also a new s7010D owner from P1. I have no complaints. I wanted a slightly bigger screen and the thinner factor was a plus. The eraser head pointer is another plus. It looks great and runs great. To save money I went with the 1.5 instead of the 1.7 Dothan and added 1GB of ram. I would have gone with the S6000 if they had the SXGA. I would have wanted the Crystal brite on this screen but as it is this is good enough for me. Hope it helps.

Fujitsu S7010, 14.1" Screen, Pentium 1.5M, 1Gig ram, 80Gb HD, DVD-RW,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.