S class reliability?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by AmazingGracePlayer, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmazingGracePlayer

AmazingGracePlayer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Long time no see!

Just to give everyone an update... I passed on the S class, and everything else I looked at, and got a Lexus IS 350 F sport. I couldn't say no to that futuristic dash. Personally, I don't think the car itself is beautiful, but then you know there are things that aren't beautiful but you still can't take your eyes off of it? The IS does that to me. Cheers!

2. Kent T

Kent T Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The best Mercedes Benz cars were pre-1993, back then they were built better and simpler mechanically and electrically. But maintenance is everything on fine German machinery of all types.

3. triturbo

triturbo Long live 16:10 and MXM-B

Reputations:
    Unless we talk about Mercedes-Benz 600. This thing easily goes into the 5 digit repair bills :D

4. Kent T

Kent T Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Yes, and more. It's servo motored hydraulics and vacuum systems even make Mercedes/Benz technicians often throw up their hands. A very complex car in those departments I mention. Up there in complexity with a Citroen DS. Also, in closing and I say "The most expensive car in the long run is a cheap Mercedes-Benz"

5. kais91

kais91 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i drive a 335xi at the moment and several other german cars in the past including a c63 amg. german cars in general are catered more toward people who like to lease or buy them and upgrade to the newer version every 3-5 years. now that being said if it's a vehicle that's been taken care of well and properly maintained, you shouldn't have any major issues. also make sure all recalls have been taken care of. and as with most european/german cars everything will be more expensive than if you were to compare it to lexus, honda, toyota. however they drive and perform amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.