Runcore T50 6Gb/s 120GB Review

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Nemix77, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blinder

blinder Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Cool - thats ok then :) If you hit F12 on boot to get the boot menu does it not show the msata drive to boot from then?

2. fireball99

fireball99 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    yep the drive doesn't show up in the boot menu.

but when used with the supplied adapter, it does work, but then it is no longer msata. defeating its purpose.

3. Rewstah

Rewstah Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Same exact problem here, no msata but works with adapter. God I'm so happy I found this thread, I was feeling like I was the first and only imbecile to experiment with this new msata card in a dell laptop (4500 for me).
    Your post is interesting as it proves that this problem is not due to lack of SATA3 6Gb/s, because 4600 should be sata3-enabled. It just means that runcore sold its product on dishonest claims of compatibility with m4500/4600 or 6500/6600, and even 6400. Well I guess technicaly it IS usable with provided adapter but then again, any laptop that's less than 5 years old could work that way. And that defeats the sh*t out of the purpose.
    Maybe it's a firmware issue? That'd be he best-case scenario, I guess, easily fixable.

4. Nemix77

Nemix77 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Guess that email to Intel asking for a 120GB mSATA SSD worked out and they listened. I basically told them if they don't have one out when "Paint Creek" now "Hawley Creek" is release (Q4 '11) then I'm jumping boat and going with an alternative brand which offers the capacity but still prefer Intel only if they can release one.

Q4 '11 is in a couple weeks, was hoping for an announcement on "Paint Creek" a week ago but it didn't come. This is better news, finally 120-128GB Intel mSATA "Hawley Creek".

5. fireball99

fireball99 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    just a quick update. i didn't manage to get the runcore ssd working on the dell precision m4600.

the shop i bought it from asiatechtrade had great customer service and gave me a full refund on it.

in the end i bought the intel 310 80gb msata. works fine in the m4600

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.