rubber keyboard is very hard to press the butto. is it wrong?

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by neverlostdata, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capt.dogfish

capt.dogfish The Curmudgeon

Reputations:
    You probably know this, but just in case. There is no Panasonic software for the GPS. You cannot see the GPS without a third party program,there are several which have been discussed over and over on this forum. I suggest you do a search for GPS software here and maybe look at some other topics like say keyboards. We say it over and over, you can save yourself a lot of grief by doing a little research before you start buying/breaking things.
    CAP

2. TopCop1988

TopCop1988 Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    The actual Model Number is CF-29CTKGZDM and the factory-issued Configuration is:

Pentium M 1.2GHz (Centrino), 13.3" Transmissive touch screen, 40GB HDD, 256 MB RAM, 56K/LAN, FDD, Intel PRO Wireless LAN, WIN 2000

If it had been a factory-installed GPS the "Z" in the Model Number would have been a B, E, J, K, L, M, N, P or S, depending on other installed options (see Configurator).

BTW: the Panasonic Toughbook Configurator is located here.

3. toughhog

toughhog Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  4. neverlostdata

neverlostdata Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    hi, the problem not from me. i did ask the seller many times before bidding, and he stated it has GPS.

but when i receive it, nothing shows up. Trial software, missing driver, non-working GPS Microsoft MAp 2009, less RAM than advertised ad, missing DVD-RW plastic face (naked face) ==> what can u expect more from a seller :confused: :confused: :mad:

i had a Mk4 and want to buy more GPS and DVD RW, but the item actually is much less value than what i expected. The seller just shows up in his history that he has some troubles with driver and missing part. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am really unlucky with those guys

5. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    1. 2 ribbon cable rubber keyboards were built for the CF-27 & 28 but will work on the CF-29 though it is a tight fit. Not the best bet... But will work in a pinch

2. Big Daddy has no clue... That is a plain rubber keyboard.. It is not the emissive type. The emissive types are the types that JB007Rules is selling in the BST section. (See pics there)

3. The seller of this laptop has a 95% approval rating... Anything below 99% and you are rolling the dice. And you KNOW you will fall into the 5% who gets the bad, beat up, mis-labeled or just plain wrong stuff.

4. He listed it as having an External Bluetooth Floppy Drive... Yeah.... Show me one of those.

5. Most sellers of Toughbooks on ebay don't have a clue. There are VERY few who specialize in Toughbooks. Out of all of them... I trust maybe 3-4 of them... The rest have NO CLUE and it will be a crap shoot as to what you get. They just list all the possible options in the hope that you misread the auction and think it is included.

And to think my sales are slowing because of idiots like this! It's bad enough the junk SBC units have been dumped onto the market, diluting sales...

It's too bad that people usually only find this place AFTER they find out they have been shafted.

6. NTTD

NTTD Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah Toughhog, according to Panasonic the emissive keyboard is the one with the flat square plastic keys that is back-lit. The rubber one with the light is known as a back-lit rubber keyboard.

7. TopCop1988

TopCop1988 Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    I would strongly suggest you file a formal complaint with ebaY™ Resolution Center, as his overall description is a fraud.

Examples:

1.5GB RAM; this is a Mk 1 unit and with Base 256Mb RAM: you cannot reach 1.5Mb total.

GPS: not factory-equipped and you state it has not been "after-the-fact" installed.

2 x USB ports: Mk 1's have only one USB port on the side and a PS/2 port on the rear.

SD memory card slot: on Mk4 and Mk5 CF-29's only; not available on Mk 1's.

You wrote: "missing DVD-RW plastic face (naked face)", but the auction ad says "SLOT LOAD SUPER DVD+/-RW MULTI DRIVE BURNER". If it is a "slot-load" there is no "face plate."

Here is the info on the drive the seller advertised the CF-29 had installed: Mata DVD-RAM UJ846S, alomg with its picture.

Hope this helps.

8. NTTD

NTTD Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Good eye, I didn't catch the 2 USB and SD reader on first glance. The seller states the "Tested ports" as the ones above, yet how could he have done that with that model?

The guy just listed the specs for a CF-29 MK4or5 thinking they're all the same.

neverlostdata, do your research! Save yourself these headaches. The more you know, the more informed of a decision you can make in a purchase. Had you done your research you would have noticed that this auction does not look right and saved yourself the trouble. This of course does not excuse the seller in any way.
    Many of the sellers on eBay (some of them members of this forum) are reputable, and sell terrific products with honest descriptions. There are other sellers who do not. Buying from the bay is like shopping at a flea-market, but online.

Caveat emptor!

Your experience on eBay is unusual. I have had largely good experiences buying there, but I really research my items and pay close attention to the item description and the feedback of the seller. Out of a couple hundred purchases over the years, only two or three have been not as described.

9. ToughNut

ToughNut Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Send the thing back for a full refund. Item received not as described.

You're not unlucky, just un-informed. Read up more and eye for another 29 on ebay or better still, get one from the guys here.

10. NTTD

NTTD Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Agreed.

Neverlostdata, just be sure to list the reasons in your claim of "significantly not as described" as all of the spec differences. I would not mention the GPS as your machine may have that installed. Focus on what is plainly different than what you purchased, 1.25 vs 1.5GB RAM, the 1 vs 2 USB ports, no SD reader, no backlight on the keyboard, no "external bluetooth floppy drive" (whatever that is).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.