Rubber feet for x230 tablet...where to buy?

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by gerryf19, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerryf19

gerryf19 I am the walrus

Reputations:
    A year old laptop and the rubber feet are not covered under warranty.

I can find x220 and earlier laptop feet, but the x230 rear rubber feet (the long thin ones) are different than on previous models. Checked ebay and they only are selling the front rubber feet.

2. rthur

rthur Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Same issue here - the rubber feet of the battery (6-cell) are falling off and technical support insisted it wasn't covered by the warranty. From what I've seen, lenovo sells a pack of rubber feet for the actual laptop (part 04W6943) - but they don't sell the rubber feet of the battery separately.

3. gerryf19

gerryf19 I am the walrus

Reputations:
    I can confirm that the part 04w6943 rubber kit does have a single back rubber foot for the back--sort of. On your laptop, there is one back rubber foot, though it is slightly different.

It's the correct shape, but the battery rubber feet have a notch in them on the part that meets the laptop, the one in Rubber Kit 04w6943 does not so you have to "notch" it to get it to squeeze fit properly.

There are also two front rubber feet in the kit and four or five other little rubber pieces.

I would advise anyone whose rubber feet are loose to pry them off and superglue them in place before they go missing because this rubber kit costs $45.