RTX v RTX Max Q?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Cariblo, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Viares Strake

Viares Strake Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Ultrabook Review has a pretty detailed review of the 2019 Zephyrus models. You can see the battery location of the -G series here: [​IMG]

2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    You would think that would help, but those batteries are still overheating and going bad. It's away from the heat source, but also away from the ventilation, so as the laptop continues to heat soak it can't expel the heat from the battery. The longer you game - at high heat - the worse it gets.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...e-GX501VI-laptop-s-battery-is-a-lemon-already

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?104841-Zephyrus-(GX501)-Battery-Swell

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?104200-Zephyrus-GX501-Swollen-Battery!-Please-check-yours

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    Papusan likes this.
  3. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    plus, gaming away from.the socket (which i bet most "thin n light" gamerboys will do, obviously) will cause the battery to generate heat all by itself, entering a vicious cycle...

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen) using Tapatalk

hmscott likes this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    The best way kill the battery. And the OEM / ODM's sales team know it:vbbiggrin:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yeah, Battery matters:D After the sweet itch, the fire comes:p
    upload_2019-8-30_2-37-29.png
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Alienware/comments/bvdjvg/how_can_i_boost_performance_of_m15_while_on/

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    hmscott likes this.
  5. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Never seen anyone even mentioning gaming unplugged before in any thin and light forum.

Framerates will be so **** most don't even consider it a feasible option.

I've only ever seen casual gamers play unplugged and your average casual gamer ain't dropping the cash to get a thin and light.

hmscott likes this.
  6. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    LOL that graph is so bad it makes nvidia's graphs look good.

And even worse, that battery life claim is not even achievable in a best case scenario, to say nothing of gaming.

I'm surprised nobody has sued them yet for false advertising haha

hmscott and Papusan like this.
  7. Viares Strake

Viares Strake Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Agreed, I can't imagine that being a pleasant experience. Not sure if I classify as a casual gamer but thin and light is what I'm looking for productivity purposes. With the option to plug in and play when I have time. How's the 2080 maxq in the G75 working for you?

8. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well, if you're mainly focused on productivity and only game occasionally it makes sense to go for a thin and light. What I meant by casual gamers are people that play games, but aren't too picky about the framerate nor quality setting they play at. Neither playing competitively nor are enthusiasts. Casuals.

And my GS75 is doing fine. Though I'm continuously trying to make it run faster :D

Just got my highest firestrike score yet

Screenshot (8).png
    Still working on getting the 150w 2080 vbios to work properly though. It flashes fine but gpu boost is not kicking in so it's actually slower than with the stock vbios.

Prototime likes this.
  9. Felix_Argyle

Felix_Argyle Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes, I don't understand why manufacturers don't provide better cooling for battery area, all they need is to add few intake holes around the battery.

10. Prototime

Prototime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Pfft. If you aren't gaming on a DRT with a 10-core LGA CPU, 2 desktop 2080TIs in SLI, 128GB of RAM, 5TB NVMe drive, 5k 240hz Gsync Micro-LED panel, two mux switches, and that will also do your laundry, why even game bro? /s ;)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019