RTX 3080 trumps 2080ti by a whopping margin

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by JRE84, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    The less crippled of the 3080 Max-P line-up is expected to max out at 200W. The results above if correct, seems being from heavly crippled Mobile cards with capped off balls.
    upload_2021-1-6_20-16-47.png
    RTX 3080 Max-P

Edit.
    It seems that RTX 3080 Mobile will be offered with either 16GB or 8GB memory capacity, which will segment this model even further. In reality, we might see as many as 10 models called RTX 3080 Mobile/Laptop, but each carrying a different clock speed, power limit, or memory capacity.

The beauty. 10 different 3080 Mobile SKUs looks damn disgusting. It looks like we still haven't seen the bottom barrel from Nvidia/notebook manufacturers. The downwards direction have still not reached the bottom.

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-...ns-emerge-6144-cuda-cores-clocked-at-1245-mhz

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    Normimb and seanwee like this.
  2. Tyranus07

Tyranus07 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Normimb, seanwee and Papusan like this.
  3. Clamibot

Clamibot Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Welp this generation's mobile GPUs are an epic fail. The 3070 will be the closest to its desktop counterpart provided it gets a 200 watt power limit in one of its various Max-P configurations.

It appears the gap between the 3060 mobile and desktop versions may be worse than the gap than the 3070 mobile and desktop versions if my above statement pans out.

4. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    so with open cl we have hope but open cl is not accurate.
    with charts that dont show numbers we are out of luck
    with power draw and tdp we know the 3080 will be below the 3070

what the heck, are we going to see 2080ti performance or not, why is nvidia ripping off the people that make them rich..almost every company on the planet goes by customer is always right policy and nvidia seems too be doing the opposite, you will buy and you will enjoy or nothing thats it you must accept and they leave us no option..I know AMD isn't the best but they never did this and i'm thinking of taking action by buying a console (support of amd) and then getting an amd only laptop..

seanwee likes this.
  5. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's certainly disappointing and looks to stay that way without a big surprise but we've been waiting this long, I figure I might as well see actual numbers at this point before making a decision. Looking like a survive until the next thing dynamic to me...

6. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    NVIDIA Announces GeForce RTX 30 Series for Laptops: Mobile Ampere Available Jan. 26th
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...scale-on-laptops.834039/page-36#post-11070515

Normimb, seanwee and Tyranus07 like this.