RTX 3080 trumps 2080ti by a whopping margin

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by JRE84, Jun 24, 2020.

1. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ampere-design-leak/
    https://www.tomsguide.com/news/nvid...chmarks-just-leaked-and-amd-should-be-worried

Looks like the new cards and not even ti variants will boost 30 percent to 25 percent over non consumer cards like the rtx titan and at least 35 percent over the 2080ti...

I'm personally stuck with my 1060 laptop but will be most likely getting a 3080ti egpu setup to run ps5 ports and Im pretty sure the 8750h will hold up well compared to the ryzen 2 architecture. and I will be gaming at 1080p ( to the skeptics) and i'm still not sure if its even possible to get 1080p 60fps running on ps5 ports even if on ps5 they are running at 4k 120fps..optimisation this upcoming generation is going to be insane.

unlogic and hfm like this.
  2. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I've read all the leak articles. I am going to save my speculation for seeing reviews of actual launch hardware.

killkenny1 and JRE84 like this.
  3. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    yeah but everytime this happens and it happens to be true

hfm likes this.
  4. Casowen

Casowen Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    And this coming from linus... a known shill.

Regardless I wont hold my breath for 3000. Most games I play suffer enough from utilization problems enough as it is, though I suppose the real potential is actually 4k 120hz + gaming.

5. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Over the past few years I've found that jumping a generation between purchases is a good value even for high end hardware. Before the current 2080 I had a 980m laptop and while it was still powerful enough and nowhere near obsolete, the jump in performance to the 2080 laptop was big enough to offset the higher price. If we consider time frames, this would translate to 2-3 years.

On the other hand, I am not impressed by the build quality of the current generation laptops and if things don't drastically change in the next couple years, I'm going back to building a desktop.

6. Casowen

Casowen Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ya most laptops are enclosed in plastic frames, with the only real exception being workstation laptops, though a few magnesium alloy framed ones are out now. If it where possible to switch out shells I would, though that would be an exponential amount of work, and laptops are over priced enough as it is. Its really a shame laptop building has not taken off.

cucubits likes this.
  7. long2905

long2905 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    its funny people keep saying Linus is a shill.

the rumors are all over the place so yeah. we should have something concrete by the end of August.

8. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    shill
    /SHil/
    Learn to pronounce

INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
    noun
    1. an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.

verb

linus is more negative than positive and I don't see how hes a shill, he has 11m subs and you probably have 200 singular subs...stop being so jealous the guy came from nothing into something great, I love his input and at least he knows what hes talking about..like seriously you think your better?

9. jc_denton

jc_denton BGA? What a shame.

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

ratchetnclank, Aroc, TBoneSan and 5 others like this.
  10. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    more like 100 percent of the time it is!!

like dude I dont know if you just joined NBR but these leaks have never been wrong. its a leak not speculation

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    jc_denton likes this.