ROUND #2 - Alienware 17 R4 - 6820HK/1070M - Dead Motherboard

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Maxed Out, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Zeigeist

Zeigeist Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ok, thks

2. ll_r1d0_ll

ll_r1d0_ll Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    also if you are having a hot air gun try using it with the soldering iron .. it will solder the joints that way by combining heat from the hot air as well as soldering iron

3. Zeigeist

Reputations:
    ok, thks for the tips, dont have one but ill get one

ll_r1d0_ll likes this.
  4. Zeigeist

Reputations:
    update: i try to get a baku 878l2, in fact i got 2, 1 220v and other 110v i dont know if i had bad luck but both didnt work properly, the 1 one no screen, so u cant regulate the temperatura, the 2 the momento i try to use the hot air gun, just fail and turn it Brown lol, i have to say the 1 one come from china.... waited 1.5 months and well… not working was dispointed, anyways i return it and they didnt ask me to return the product so i have it and they refund me my money, the second one i return it and i got my money back, this was last week, then i found someguy that does reballing in my city, went there and i explain him the problem and he say he can get me the missing mosfet, and change the capacitor, today he sent me a message that he put the mosfet, but he found other problems... he said that another components were shorted PC8207, PC8208, PC539, PC542 and the only he cannot get UE1 C8051F380, i search without the UE1 and i found it on eBay, again 3 months to reach to my country lol, the 1 pieces have not come yet, so what do u think??

P.D. i stop trying to fix it cause got no pieces and no solder station and the guy told me he Will charge me half Price the solder station so.… i use Google translate in some parts hope u understand me

5. ll_r1d0_ll

Reputations:
    ahh this is sad man .... i wish i could do that for you but shipping this to Pakistan and then back to you might cost you so much lol......well if one capacitor is shorted in one line then it will show all the capacitors as shorted in the same line ... so you can ask him to pull all the caps one by one and find the faulty one....on the other hand, it is really hard to say that this C8051F380 IC is shorted as well..i mean it is hard for me to believe it but God knows the best so if u are not willing to repair it then buy a used one which might be expensive as hell or either sell the machine as it is and get a new one....i am really sad to hear that it couldnt work :(.............secondly, it would still boot without C8051F380 this IC as this ic controls some sensors

6. Zeigeist

Reputations:
    ok, thks for the tips, i just text the guy is fixing the pc,hope he dont get upset cause of it, u know how is it, when the customer try to fix it lol, im from mexico not pakistan :p ill update u as soon i have news, and thks again

ll_r1d0_ll likes this.
  7. ll_r1d0_ll

Reputations:
    lol yes i can understand.. no issues hope we hear a good news :)

8. Zeigeist

Reputations:
    Well i believe hes a nice guy, he replay very polite, and told me that the reason he think is shorted is because the bar +VIN marks a comsuption of 8 mA and the circuit that heat up is the C8051F380. any thoughts?

9. ll_r1d0_ll

Reputations:
    you can ask him to remove that ic and then check

10. Zeigeist

Reputations:
    ok i already told him, i dont believe i post fast, because is not like he is working on my motherboard right now, thks.