ROUND #2 - Alienware 17 R4 - 6820HK/1070M - Dead Motherboard

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Maxed Out, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Zeigeist

Zeigeist Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    https://ibb.co/HY48Vs1, https://ibb.co/tY572PF, https://ibb.co/MGwyRNq some new pictures, i cant do better that sorry, i ask u about the bulbs because the first guy i send to fix, take it off.... like wtf…, i forgot to tell u my alienware is the one with 1080 gtx, i bring this because the charger is really big, not like the other versions that have a small one, hope u can help me and thks for the previous message, and if u were correct, both mosfets are the same?? thks Alienware 17 R4 - 7820HK/1080 gtx thats the model sorry

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  2. ll_r1d0_ll

ll_r1d0_ll Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thats totally fine i was just kidding :) doesnt matter if u have the alienware with GTX 1060/1070 or 1080. The motherboard is the same and according to the schematics the two Capacitors missing ( 539 & 542 ) they both are 100U_25V each . Just search that on ebay you will find alot there .Just order the mosfets & missing capacitors and its better to replace the mosfet right next to the fried one ( atleast i would do that )
    Edit: Sorry forgot to tell you . YES both MOSFETS are same no need to worry about that just order the part number i gave you for both MOSFETS & CAPACTORS and install them and hopefully you will bring your system back to life :) ( atleast inform me i would love to hear that news xD )

3. Zeigeist

Reputations:
    thks ill let u know, i just ordered both things, the only bad news is that Will take 1-2 months to arrive :S, damn… i hope i bring u Good news by then :D

ll_r1d0_ll likes this.
  4. ll_r1d0_ll

Reputations:
    Good luck :)

5. Zeigeist

Reputations:
    ll_r1d0_ll can u help me plz, where can i found this?? https://ibb.co/KVP316D 220 73hp9 d or somenthing similar to change it, thats is the real short in my motherboard, thks.

6. ll_r1d0_ll

Reputations:
    you can find it from any local shop it is just a CAPACITOR .. you can even ask from a local repair shop he might give that to you for free lol .. is that blown as well ?

7. Zeigeist

Reputations:
    the original problem was that exactly capacitor i believe,the other problems were made by pseudo electronics guys, one burn the two mosfets, perhaps trying to bridge them, i dont know, the missing pieces was another guy.... so i try to fixing by myself, watching youtube videos, and i think i found the problem in that capacitor, but i have no clue how to order or ask it, also i cant desolder right now cause my pencil solder iron has no power enough, im getting a new one

8. ll_r1d0_ll

Reputations:
    is that capacitor shorted to ground ? if so then try removing the capacitor and check in continuity mode ..if still beeps then shorted otherwise it is fine

9. Zeigeist

Reputations:
    its shorted, i used a power suply and that one heat up, and i checked it with the multimeter

10. ll_r1d0_ll

Reputations:
    ahh i see.. you can get it from any local shop its just a simple smd capacitor with 220U rating