RLECViewer: Custom Clevo Fan Control

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Zuyang, Jun 17, 2018.

1. dorobo_hamster

dorobo_hamster Newbie

Reputations:
    I changed the temperature calculation so it takes an average. This helps the fan speed not keep changing so much, e.g. if it goes 85 degrees for only a few seconds. It's not perfect, but a lot better than before.

Also I upgraded the project so it works with an environment not from 20 years ago.

This was just a quick hack so code isn't pretty. I just wanted it to work because I couldn't stand the fan changing so much.

https://github.com/dorobo-hamster/RLECViewer/tree/upgrade/bin(Release)

bennyg likes this.
  2. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I tried this yesterday on my P370EM, none of the other driver files looked like they'd been updated in your github file list, so I just deleted the existing config file and replaced the existing v2.4 rlecviewer.exe with your v2.5

There was no display on the little main window of detected temps and fan speeds, changes did not affect the fans (manually set the 3 fans all to 100%, should have spun them up) and upon restart, it bsod/rebootlooped each time soon after it hit desktop, until I disabled the autostart from safe mode.

Replaced v2.5 with v2.4, that had the same issue, needed a reinstall with the v2.4 installer to work properly again.

Was there some other "install" procedure I should have used?