Review: Sony Vaio SA

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by requiem86, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiteknight_

whiteknight_ Newbie

Reputations:
    I bought my VAIO laptop sometime in 2011 and have no regrets.
    My suggestion for new models is that they not include an optical drive because I've never had a real need to use one. I'm not sure what I would do with the extra space; perhaps Sony could condense the unit and make it more portable and lightweight. That's the main reason why I chose the model I have in the first place. Lastly, even though the screen is matte, I think they could do better. The screen is mediocre at best. My 22" ViewSonic monitor has an exceptional matte screen and so Sony should at least strive for that (considering Sony is known for their breathtaking and beautiful Bravia TVs). I haven't witnessed the new IPS panels they have now in their current line of Sony Vaio S series notebooks and so my argument about the display could maybe not be an issue now.

This is my somewhat relevant, somewhat irrelevant post about the laptop — sorry for breaking the thread stream.

2. LCF_R

LCF_R Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone! I have Sony SA2 laptop with windows 8 (clean install, drivers are installed as in this post says: http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony-owners-lounge-f….html#post8925905). Everything works fine exept Sony Smart Network. This application installed correctly, but it doesn't work at all. If I go to c:\program files\sony smart network and try to click on exe files - nothing happens. Its seems that there are some system libraries missed. What should I do to make this application work? Thank you!
    P.S. Sorry for my bad English.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.