[Review] Sager NP8157 / Clevo P650HS-G Review by HTWingNut

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HTWingNut, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fr3edom28

Fr3edom28 Newbie

Reputations:
    Nice kapwa pinoy. I probably want it for multi use. So the most versatile display is the best. 4k over 60 hz? Yea I will order from Helixph.

How is your laptop so far? Build quality wise? I want it to last 5 years atleast. I am careful with gadgets

jpsm likes this.
  2. jpsm

jpsm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I just sold my 770dm with a 980m + 6700k. I am back to using an alienware. I got mine from lpcdigital as i go to america almost every year. the 770dm was great but i had to tweak/tinker with it to get it running nicely e.g. delidded 6700k +liquid ultra+premabios to get the temps below 90c. I suggest getting the locked cpu to save on money+1080p. 4k on a small screen=meh. imo only content creators need the realestate/4k display. gaming wise, 1440p or 1080p is the sweetspot for a 1060/1070 gpu

3. Fr3edom28

Fr3edom28 Newbie

Reputations:
    would you take 8157 over dell alienware? I have been considering Alienware 15, razer 14 and Sager 8157. How has alienware 15 so far for you?

jpsm likes this.
  4. jpsm

jpsm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    had my aw15 for just a couple of days. so far so good might just sell this though. I am into buying and selling laptops in the philippines :p. get the 8157 try it yourself i have only good things to say about clevo/sager. + the community here is awesome! any questions you might have, this is the place to ask them as people are so active and kind. Clevos are great as they cause they dont scream "i am a gamer" when your out with it in public. I sold my 770dm as i have no need for a laptop anymore and i got a new alienware cause it was a he*l of a deal and as i said, i pretty much part ways with my laptop after a few months of use.

5. tlprtr19

tlprtr19 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    4k on a 15.6 is overkill. 1080p IPS or 120hz 1080p TN is fine. I assume you know the difference between IPS and TN (colour quality is the main diff). Backlight issues vary from screen to screen, brand to brand -its luck. Lid flex doesnt bother me at all.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

jpsm likes this.
  6. tlprtr19

tlprtr19 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Perhaps another user can post some info on the iGPU. I have not performed that.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The only thing to worry about in hybrid mode is looking at tweaking the IGP voltage too :)

8. HyunJ

HyunJ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do you have any suggested thresholds for the igpu in hybrid mode? I tried with two lower values but had freezing on both.

thanks

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Every chip is very different but I would go into IGP mode, set Nvidia to IGP only and stress test some games with it when testing. Mine was around -75mv with my 4870HQ.

10. Shivi Vats

Shivi Vats Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The link is broken for more GPU benchmarks. Could you fix it or provide me the link by some means? Thanks!

slimmolG likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.