[Review by ::iunlock::] - ALIENWARE 17R4 -vs- MSI GT73VR [Unrated Version]

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by iunlock, Feb 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    If you use the proper thermal pads on your heatsink and the proper paste and make sure the contact is even, you dont need to swap anything. Also you can cut the heatpipes all you want but it needs the radiator space to lose its heat to. 1 of those heatsink radiators is not enough to cool a full sized GPU thats why its borrows extra space from the left radiator as well. Posted in one of the other threads but I rebalanced my heatsink, used the ideal thermal pads for each component and now while playing Destiny 2 for 1 hour my CPU temps do not go over 82c with low fan noise with the 1070 around 72c. How is that a bad heatsink? If you want to point 1 problem out, point out the quality control issues.

You have zero proof that iunlock is connected to Dell in any way apart from that he was in contact with their team during his testing. Which I also was in the past.

Rei Fukai likes this.
  2. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Most important is jsut the right thermal pads. They use too thick pads on various components and no heatsink design can fix that. They need to have a better quality control in place and stop using 2 heatsink manufacturers in the same machine. I think this is the reason why one user can receive a decent cooling machine and the other has to fix it him/herself.

propeldragon and Rei Fukai like this.
  3. J888www

J888www Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You have just proved me correct by your admission to affiliation. Therefore both his and your comments can be negated due to conflict of interest.
    Such indiscreet divulgence determines you play a weak game of Chest.

Putting a fancy name to a concave thermal contact plate speaks of Shania Twain

I'll be impressed if and when Dell actually do something to address this diabolical heatsink issue and promoting false pretences by using affiliates to plaster the Forums with untruths rather than leaving the purchaser with the burden.

4. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    You didnt even respond on my other post where you started crying about the fans you broke yourself by mishandling and attempted to blame it on Dell.

Regarding my contact with Dell. If you got issues, you can mail the Alienware team directly and they often respond and even help. In my case when I had an issue they shipped a couple of parts to me (i still had warranty btw) and I gave some of my insights regarding issues that I saw. So how is that a conflict of interests?

So stop discrediting me or others if you got zero proof of otherwise. A lot of people here are making efforts to helping people out with honest advice, experiences and sheer effort. What are you bringing to the table? No data, plain flaming, accusations and a lack of insights & intelligence.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    Drinky likes this.
  5. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Just because they are in contact with Dell, it doesn't mean they work for them. I write reviews and have been in contact with Dell, Razer and gigabyte. There's nothing bias about it. I'm in contact with them so I can get to the bottom of deep issues and help them improve.

Drinky and rinneh like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.