Responsiveness of moderators/administrators....

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by hillaaron, Jan 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hillaaron

hillaaron Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I found this forum about a month ago and while reading previous posts has been helpful I am frustrated that the moderators/administrators are not very responsive. I have posted a link to my post regarding a choice in laptops. I was asked a question and responded to the post with more information and a question. Are the moderators and administrators just here to push new products or to truly help people. I certainly hope the latter.

http://www.notebookreview.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=224

2. rtknecro

rtknecro Newbie

Reputations:
    I strongly disagree with your comment. I asked a question this morning and the moderator responded to me just 2 or 3 hours later. Considering that this is a FORUM, the response time was quite fast. In other forums, people don't respond for weeks...

3. Andrew Baxter

Andrew Baxter -

Reputations:
    hillaaron, we try to stay on top of as many posts as we can, but since this is a forum it's also open to anyone else in the world to answering questions too...our moderators and admins are knowledgeable but it's impossible to know everything about anything out there. I have not used the Dell 300m so I can't give you a straight answer on that product, the only thing I don't like about it is that you have to use a media slice for any type of optical drive you'd want to use...same goes for ultraportables such as the X30 as well, the Fuji P5000 series has a built-in optical drive so there's an advantage there.

btw, it is certainly not my job to push any product but rather to provide an opinion when I can, we have no affiliation with any particular manufacturer and certainly don't make money based on which computer company sells more computers. This is not my fulltime job, I have a day job and keep up with as much as I can on the site and can only say that we hope to add more administrators and moderators as the site grows and of course the ultimate goal is to let no question go unanswered.

4. RandyHat

RandyHat Newbie

Reputations:
    Your complaint is amazing. Perhaps you mistook this forum for the "hillaaron instant gratification, 24-7, me me me me support forum"

5. Brian

Brian Working at 486 Speed NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Yeah, looking at that link, I replied to you last, which was also the last post in the topic. What gives? BTW...it's not like we're getting rich doling out advise and helping people. Andrew and I both have day jobs.

Editor in Chief http://www.bargainPDA.com and http://www.SPOTstop.com

6. hillaaron

hillaaron Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Certainly I understand that you both have day jobs and I appreciate the advice. Abaxter had asked me a question at the end of my original post to which I replied with a question. I e-mailed him at his address posted on his profile still without a response. No I do not think this is hillaaron instant gratification but days with no response made for a curious phenomenon considering the extensive product review that was able to be posted.

Thanks for everyone's input and time in helping me make a laptop choice. I realize you are not paid to do this and so appreciate the time you do give.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.