1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Resetting the default aspect ratio of a video file?

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by inkyquills, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inkyquills

inkyquills Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have these videos that, when viewed in VLC player (and all other players too, I'm sure), are skewed out of ratio; they appear like they should be on widescreen. Now, I can go and readjust the aspect ratio to (4:3) so there's no distortion (right-click >> aspect ratio >> 4:3) but it only fixes it for that viewing and will reset back to its original skewed aspect ratio.

Is there a way reset the settings of the actual video file so that it will open in 4:3 aspect ratio everytime, without me manually going in and setting it that way?