Reputation not working in some threads?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Announcements and Guidelines' started by hmscott, Mar 30, 2017.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    This started happening recently, can't recall exactly when / where - I thought it was a temporary problem:
    error when trying to use reputation on some threads.JPG
    The weird thing is, I can change threads and it will work in another thread, can come back and it still doesn't work in the previous thread, some threads work and then some don't.

Just now tried to put together a list of threads where it doesn't work - and it's working again everywhere I try it :D

So, I guess this is a heads up that something's flaky with the reputation process...

Edit: The error comes up instead of the Reputation Dialog, right when you click the Reputation text in a post, you get the error display instead of the Reputation entry Dialog.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    DukeCLR likes this.
  2. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies TG Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I know what this thread is. It's a trick to try to get me to give you reputation, in the event I would try to replicate this reported behavior.

Nice try,

Charles

3. hmscott

Reputations:
    No, the error comes up right when you click the reputation button, you don't even get the dialog to enter the rep and reason.

When I do get that reputation dialog, I can give reputation successfully.

I haven't gotten the error again today... gave a couple of +rep's, only saw it a few times over the last couple of weeks (could be shorter time).

Thanks for checking :)

4. hmscott

Reputations:
    I haven't seen this pop up again this weekend...

Papusan likes this.