Replacing Screen on T450?

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by giantcrab, Apr 6, 2015.

1. leonid grossman

leonid grossman Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks much for the reply! Same experience here - I just replaced HD+ with Full HD screen, using the original cable, and the screen works just fine. One thing I noticed is that with the new Full HD I can't change the brightness neither with function keys nor from Windows 7 Control panel. Perhaps the driver needs to be upgraded... Unfortunately I don't remember if the brightness was changeable with the HD+ screen before it failed. Do you have a similar experience, or changing the brightness works for you with the Full HD screen?
    Thanks, Leonid

2. vint.vint

vint.vint Newbie

Reputations:
    To be honest, the procedure for replacing the fuse is not served me. Since this requires special equipment, such as soldering station. I have a regular soldering iron and its sting is large enough and the fuse is very small.

Therefore, since I found a blown fuse on the board, I asked the local service. Fuse Replacement took a few minutes, it was heated by hot air and replaced by a similar forceps. It was very neat, I think I would not have happened, and there was a possibility that I could break something :)

But in general, if you are a professional, then the replacement of the fuse even conventional soldering iron does not make you work. Here's an example of how it makes the person who is engaged in it professionally

3. vint.vint

vint.vint Newbie

Reputations:
    I use Ubuntu, change the brightness hotkeys work perfectly. I am glad that you have been helpful in my experience.

4. leonid grossman

leonid grossman Newbie

Reputations:
    Got it, thanks again!
    Best, Leonid

5. grosmar

grosmar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Did you manage to get back the brightness control after FullHD update?
    I've faced the same issue with T450s and cannot solve it. It works great in BIOS, so it's really related to Intel driver...

6. leonid grossman

leonid grossman Newbie

Reputations:
    Unfortunately I did not find a solution. Agreed this seems to be the Intel video driver issue but there doesn't seem to be a newer version. Maybe they will produce one later... I ended up transferring the laptop to my son; he seems to be content with the max brightness.

7. grosmar

grosmar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Someone mentioned to revert from intel driver to the microsoft general display driver. I still working so cannot check. Have you tried it?

It's also a problem because you cannot travel with max brightness :D

8. leonid grossman

leonid grossman Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes, I tried the general driver (Win7, very old), did not help. Have not tried Windows 10 though.

9. fb1996

fb1996 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Do you recall the parameters (ampere rating, voltage, time-current characteristic) of the fuse?

10. Kenstang

Kenstang Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I really need some help with this...I've looked all over the internet. I have a T450, i5 4300-u version with the 1366x768 screen. I want to put an FHD IPS in it...do I need to replace the eDP cable, and what screen will be compatible with it (working with the brightness controls)?