Replacing my old MacBook Air to a new Windows 10 PC Laptop...

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by RicardoTeixeira, May 30, 2018.

1. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I don't know I use outlook on both my windows machine and my Macbook and it's been easier than ever to get them both synced. Perhaps because my company has the mail server with Microsoft so I just login and it takes me to their special login pop-window and everything configures easily/magically.

It literally has never been this easy to setup for me in the history of Outlook for the last 10 years, so props to Microsoft for getting Outlook to this current point. No special how-to-guides required on setup.

Vasudev likes this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Aren't everyone's mail use cloud server aka mailboxes(ancient days). I don't use retention for my inboxes on Thunderbird aside from few important mails.

3. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    I used to use Eudora and have all my emails archived from 1996-2013 when it finally lost support server side. I then switched to Thunderbird and archive all my emails and delete the remote emails every few months with a big fetch and store.

Vasudev likes this.
  4. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I too have picked up a Razer Blade Pro but I got the 1080 GTX version with 4k monitor. A friend let me take it off his hands for $1200 which I thought was reasonable. Granted he's a friend and over the years I've helped him out on things like food and other small things here and there. He went to a Macbook Pro and a Desktop and just didn't use or want the system anymore so here we are. One of the other reasons why we sell each other systems for a low price is to leave room for possible upgrades or fixes that we may incur (I sell all of my systems for great prices). I don't intend to use the system as my main or too much so I hope I don't overheat it as there appears to be issues with this particular system, or so I've been told...

5. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    i don't imagine it will last very long unless you made appropriate cooling modifications, as in applying liquid ultra and adding thermal pads to several locations.

6. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah I'll be taking the Liquid Metal Approach and running some modifications on it.

7. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So after one month of using the Razer Blade 15 I've concluded that the Macbook Pro Keyboard sucks... It's weird that I actually feel that way but the Razer 15 has a much more enjoyable keyboard to use overall which leads to a much better "Everyday" experience. Even with the odd placement of the ? next to the shift button which is very troublesome for many I'll take it over using the macbook pro low travel keys

8. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    The "new" MBP keyboard gave me cramps, it is entirely unusable. No such qualms with the razer keyboard, though my favorite keyboards to date are the M17x/M18x keyboard and the T61p keyboards, though razer is a close third.

Vasudev likes this.
  9. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I am probably going to hackintosh my Blade 15 now that I have a Razer Blade Pro to see what thats like it. It should make for a very interesting situation especially when I go to Coffee shops ane people will be like what type of Macbook is that!??!?! :D

10. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    The new MBP keyboard also cramps my hands and wrists in a way I've never experienced before on any laptop or keyboard. It is unusable to me for long sessions.