Replacing my old MacBook Air to a new Windows 10 PC Laptop...

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by RicardoTeixeira, May 30, 2018.

1. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Thats what happens to fabric. IF it gets repeated rubbing in one spot it will fray. No way around it. The cable is fine, just looks like it's failing. it's just a dumb design choice, nothing will happen to your charger.

2. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Except it will just get hairy and need a Waxing :`(

3. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    ha ha..thats a not needed thing though..

4. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Waxing? so you just shave it? You know it comes back thicker and fuller when you do that though.

5. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    that's the lie they told us when we were children....

aside: i've picked up a razer blade pro 1060/1080P myself (more or less traded an ancient alienware m15x +15$) so it seems the two of us are going to keep each other company for some time going forward.

Vasudev likes this.
  6. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I heavily considered that one but the Bezels bothered me, it's nice that the PSU is very small on that which really helps and it has great weight I feel as if my system is pretty much the same thing but the 15 inch version, which is slightly more portable.And even then because I have a 15 inch Macbook Pro it was like... I really should get the 17 inch Razer Blade Pro

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  7. LilyOlsen

LilyOlsen Newbie

Reputations:
    even I am moving from Mac to Windows. What concerns me more is the number of emails in my Outlook Mac that are not supported in the Windows side. How to fix this??

8. PaulSmithe

PaulSmithe Newbie

Reputations:
    Outlook Mac files are not imported directly to Windows format. Outlook Mac mails are exported in OLM format while the Outlook Windows exports in PST format. At this point, you will need an application that can help you convert OLM files to PST mail format. This isn’t an easy task as most of my emails were in Chinese scripts and Outlook often skipped them from being exported. As a result, the converter tool could not convert my emails to the PST format. I gave a try to OLM to PST Converter Ultimate by Gladwev. This tool offered conversion for up to 10 emails per folder. Amazingly, it converted my Chinese emails as well. I have been owning it for the past few months.

9. thomassangster

thomassangster Newbie

Reputations:
    This post reminded me of an important thing, before you move to the new system, make sure your files are backed up well. you can take help of Time Machine and similar tools for the same. I use Mail Backup X by Inventpure. It backs up all my emails instanty.

Danishblunt likes this.
  10. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Idk my mails are saved on cloud storage so I don't need tools like that, but it's still good for people who save them locally.