Repairable P870DM-G

Discussion in 'Price Check Forum' started by thegh0sts, Mar 8, 2019.

1. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    So some time in September/October of 2018 my Clevo P870DM-G was exhibiting some issues where it was randomly shutting down. I sent the laptop to @woodzstack to investigate the problem and it looks like it needs a motherboard replacement.

The laptop is currently in Montreal, Canada while I have moved back to Australia, looking for work, so having the entire system repaired and shipped back to me is not possible at this time so I am looking for alternatives.

If there's anyone that's interested in buying the barebones P870DM-G (so no RAM or SSDs/HDDs) with the potential to have a P870TM-1 motherboard upgrade please let me or @woodzstack know to discuss the best way to move on this.

2. AHMED KARAM

AHMED KARAM The Strategist

Reputations:
  3. thegh0sts

Reputations:
    @woodzstack can explain the pricing if you DM them :D

I'd mess up the explanation if I tried.

4. AHMED KARAM

Reputations:
    PM sent.

5. woodzstack

woodzstack Alezka Computers , Official Clevo reseller.

Reputations:
    Yeah the board was in an odd state when it was received, it was reported to shut down when in long term use. I had it sit idle a few days no change until it suddenly wouldn't post anymore when I checked on it the third day. Dead mobo essentially.

however there is an upgrade path for this laptop currently available, where you replace the motherboard but keep the rest of the parts, obviously upgrade the CPU but the Pascal gen graphics are still compatible etc..

I simply offered to ship it if he finds a buyer, or if someone wants it in some fashion. I'm not the one to negotiate price or the deal itself, simply just offering to ship it to whomever because I'm obviously in NA whilst if I send it back it will be in Australia.

Alternatively maybe someone wants to simply make an offer to him for it, arrange whatever with him. Or maybe you can get a mobo for cheap, and upgrade this or have a spare one to sell him etc..

This is not my deal, nor a laptop sold by me initially, but just trying to help a friend here.

AHMED KARAM likes this.
  6. AHMED KARAM

Reputations:
    Thank you my friend for all the explanation, I can discuss the price with @thegh0sts, but I need to know from you the cost for the TM1 upgrade, the MB and if there is any other parts to replace? Then I can calculate the total.

7. woodzstack

woodzstack Alezka Computers , Official Clevo reseller.

Reputations:
    I think I gave him a quote not long ago

AHMED KARAM likes this.
  8. AHMED KARAM

Reputations:
    I'm really confused, he said that you have all information and you can give it to anyone interested. I sent a PM (conversation) you and him included so we can discuss in privet, but no one reply.

9. AHMED KARAM

Reputations:
  10. thegh0sts

Reputations:
    Thanks for the reminder.

AHMED KARAM likes this.