Removing Intel and Windows stickers the easiest and safest from the rubbery texture of Alienware

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by talijay, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Doctor JO

Doctor JO Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I buy new Alienware 18 and have two sticker on palmrest i7 and Windows 7, they are very annoing and your nano-technology method work super great, thanks))) Now laptop seems more awesome.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Yup, they are definitely a tacky-looking eye sore. I still find it hard to believe that Alienware started placing them on the palm rest instead of an inconspicuous location like they used to. My Clevo had ugly stickers on the palm rest as well. I used the same method to remove them. I expect to find this kind of garbage on cheap HP and Acer junkbooks from Walmart and Best Buy, but not expensive high end machines. I put these adware stickers in the same category as lick-n-stick tattoos from coin operated vending machines and jewelry found at the bottom of boxes of Cracker Jacks.

3. paradigm

paradigm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well I removed mine from the palm rest of the R4 as soon I got mine, but it left an impression underneath,nil adhesive or anything just an impression that 2 stickers existed over the 2 spots :(

4. kactas

kactas Newbie

Reputations:
    YES! Worked like a charm! Thanks for the tip. My Alienware 18 came with an Intel sticker on the palmrest and I didn't really care for it. The PostIt worked great and there was no residue.

5. Andrew Davidson

Andrew Davidson Newbie

Reputations:
    That's an excellent idea, thanks. I just cleaned up my new Acer Chromebook 14. The blue Intel Inside sticker was tough to do with my fingernail but a Post It got under it just fine. Once a corner was up, I used a pair of tweezers to grip and pull it off completely. There was one small dot of glue residue but that rubbed off easily using a finger.