Removing Intel and Windows stickers the easiest and safest from the rubbery texture of Alienware

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by talijay, Sep 18, 2012.

1. talijay

talijay Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was trying to remove the stickers on my new M14x using my finger nails, tried like a hundred times and I can't peel off the corners. I've read using a pair tweezers, non-abrasive putty knife, guitar pick, and even razor, could help, but I don't want to use any sharp object besides my nails.

And then I saw some post-its my 5yr old daughter was playing with and sticking into our tables, walls, etc., so I tried prying the edge of the sticker using the post-it, and voila! I was able to lift the corner with the first try.
    [​IMG]

Once the corner is lifted, you should be able to hold it, and slowly peel it. And if done correctly, you should still be able to use the sticker, say, at the bottom.
    [​IMG]

Since I got my m14x less than a week ago, there was no sticker residue left over after I removed the 2 stickers.
    [​IMG]

If you're removing the stickers and there's some sticker residue, this can be removed using a scotch tape or duck tape (stick the tape and residue should come off with the tape). Other's use WD-40, alcohol, peanut butter, but the tape should be the easiest and without mess.

There you go, I hope this helps everyone who wants to remove the stickers (sorry for the crappy iphone pics).

2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Great tip! Thanks for providing it. It's really tacky looking have those stickers on the palm rest of the new systems. Before the current generation of new Alienware laptops used to put those sticker on the bottom cover and I wish they still did. Having them on the palm rest reminds me of a cheap system like an HP or Acer.

3. salanos

salanos Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Mine only has the Core i7 sticker, it's fine for me, but I'd rather they etched or printed them on the bottom.

But, this is the same as removing screen protectors using sticky tape, really.

4. HavocATX

HavocATX Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Wow. I can't believe that actually worked.

+1 to talijay

5. wankel

wankel Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i had to get my touchpad replaced on mt m14x so the new part didn't come with stickers :)

6. alienowl

alienowl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Peanut butter?!?!

I think I threw the stickers away after I took them off. I agree the stickers make the machine look cheap.

7. talijay

talijay Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks guys! I'm glad the simple post-it or paper can also help you.

I also can't believe peanut butter, maybe the oily properties of it help removing the residue, I don't know..

8. Alienblaster

Alienblaster Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Great work dude!! rep+...

you sure it wont void our warranty or anything?? I'm sick of watching the stickers destroying the aggressiveness of my M17x :(

9. steviejones133

steviejones133 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Removing a couple of stickers isn't going to void your warranty. In the rather unlikely event that maybe you damage the palmrest, that would be 'on you' but I highly doubt that anyone would damage their machine by removing stickers - unless you went at it with a chisel or something! :p

10. Alienblaster

Alienblaster Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    never :)

read somewhere that the windows 7 oem sticker (& intel's too) should be left there, in case if you want to sent the system in to dell. sounded logical. thats why I asked. :confused:

So if you guys are 100% sure removing them isn't going to do any harm, Stickers, here I come..!!