[Release] Alienware 18 BIOS A12 Unlocked

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by Raidriar, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Rengsey R. H. Jr.

Rengsey R. H. Jr. I Never Slept

Reputations:
  2. islam

islam Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    i just flashed the BIOS using the sleep bug and as descripted my laptop BRICK so i tried to do nvram reset several times
    my system has 4910mq CPU, 32GB of ram and 880M SLI
    1- i remove all the rams
    2- disconnect COM battery and main battery
    3- hold power button for 30 seconds
    4- connect AC adapter and power on
    5- wait until 2 beeps sequence finish and while the laptop shutoff and before it powers on i insert one ram at the back
    6- laptop started to beep 5 beeps so i disconnected the AC adapter then started again but with no success, same thing the bios is greyed out
    am i doing something wrong ?
    what can i do ? i'm really lost
    please help

3. islam

islam Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    i cant even enter windows to reflash since the default is raid

4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Hello. Sorry to hear of your difficulties.

Maybe someone with an Alienware 18 can take a BIOS dump with an SPI programmer and save it as a .bin or .rom file for you. Then you could use an SPI programmer with another computer to program the chip.

islam and Papusan like this.
  5. islam

islam Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    thank you Mr. Fox for your fast repay , unfortunately i really dont know what u meant since i have a limited knowledge in bios . if u can maybe explain a bit more or give me any advice , i know u sold your 18 long time back , i would really appreciate any tips here

Mr. Fox likes this.
  6. islam

islam Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    UPDATE.. i just figured it out , my A12 bios had a password and i flashed the unlocked version without removing it so once i disabled the password my bios started to work again
    thank you Mr. FOX for your replay , by the way u may not remember me but we knew each others back in 2013

UPDATE.. i just figured it out , my A12 bios had a password and i flashed the unlocked version without removing it so once i disabled the password my bios started to work again
    thank you Mr. FOX for your replay , by the way u may not remember me but we knew each others back in 2013 due to teh 780M SLI on M18X R1 on another forums

Ashtrix, @tomX, Mr. Fox and 1 other person like this.
  7. ll_r1d0_ll

ll_r1d0_ll Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just switched to Alienware 18 from Alienware 17 Ranger .Installed Windows 10 in new MSATA . Having single 880M in it and somehow i cannot get the computer to go to SLEEP when i close the LID or push the POWER button. It might go to sleep but when i try to wake it up by pressing the Power Button, the backlit of the screen lights up and screen remains blank for 2-4 seconds and then the laptop starts from POST screen and then back to login screen after loading windows and everything in the background is closed. I dont know whats the issue with it i have double checked the POWER SETTINGS and they are all fine. anyone ?

8. islam

islam Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    i had this issue one time before so here it is what caused the issue for me : it started after i changed my screen refresh rate to a higher one from nvidia control panel. however when i was googleing this issue and how to solve it, i found many reported the same issue and all of them changed something in the nvidia control panal . so my advice is reset all nvidia settings to default and try

ll_r1d0_ll likes this.
  9. ll_r1d0_ll

ll_r1d0_ll Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Dude !!! you are a life saver . Yes, i overclocked my panel to 100Hz that was the issue . Changed it to 60Hz and everything went smoothly . Thanks again :)

islam likes this.
  10. islam

islam Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    glad i can help :)

Ashtrix and ll_r1d0_ll like this.