[Release] 980M Single Undervolted vBIOS

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by Raidriar, Jan 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javers

javers Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks Raidriar - my mate has always struggled with running a gtx 980m in his m18x r2 (the continual throttling, shifting between P0 and P5 and having to do the system bios reconfig peg -> onboard -> peg every reboot to work around the issue) but your vbios has none of those problems :) The only thing he's getting with yours is occasional graphical corruption and sometimes windows boots with a solid screen of colour. I'm guessing this is because of the undervolting? If so any chance you could release one with slightly more volts?

Kind Regards,

Jon

2. vulcan78

vulcan78 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Does anyone have the latest modified 980M driver? The latest driver cuts CEMU system memory usage down by 50%; I'm running Zelda: Breath of the Wild with an older driver (378.78) on my desktop PC and RAM usage is at 23 GB, which is ok as I have 32 GB on tap but my M18x R2, which I'd like to prep for a vacation trip, only has 16 GB available....

Edit:

Wow, apparently Nvidia finally got around to officially supporting those of us with 980M:

https://www.techinferno.com/index.p...t-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf/&page=70

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4563/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-387.98

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  3. MahmoudDewy

MahmoudDewy Gaming Laptops Master Race!

Reputations:
    with nvidia inspector up the voltage till you find a stable value and I will make you a vBios with that stable voltage.

For me at 68.3% ASIC quality chip I can run stable at 1.000V. Check you ASIC quality and you will get a general idea of what voltage would be stable for you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.